Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa
    So a bad night here went to coop up and found a missing roo my little girls roo named Halloween didn't return from free ranging! She is so upset now I just can't wait til there is light out so I can actually look around and see if I can tell what took him or maybe he will show up in the am! Doubt it but I am hoping a little! All I can think is atleast it wasn't one of my hens but my 4 yr old isn't thinking that way all she wants is her chicken back! Luckily we have eggs in the bator due to hatch in 2 days! Has anyone ever heard of a cat taking down a bantam?? Thinking it might have been the neighbors rouge cat and if I find any suspicions of that they will be hearing from me!! Ahhhh that stupid cat has been eyeing up my chickens the past 3 days!! Grr people and not taking care of their animals and to boot they let their kids run wild too!! Ready for a fence soon!

2. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa
    Stupid double post!!!!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  3. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Black Blue Splash

4. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]So Sorry! Hope morning sheds a little light on the culprit. I wouldn't be too quick to bury the neighbors cat though, it's hawk season, and fox, and any other predator feeding their spring young for that matter. Hope you get it figured out! I've been having predator woes this week, too.[​IMG]

5. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Blarney, did you ever get that fox????

6. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

Nope. And Stake offered to get him too!

7. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Let us know what is going on! I think a cat definetly would take down a bantam!

8. BorderBrigade

BorderBrigade Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    Perry County, PA

I had a problem with feral cats. They got one of my silkies. They are no longer a problem but can easily take a bantam. They never took a second look at my LF Cochins though. Hope they are just hiding and you find them in the morning.

9. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Rocking and rolling and a chirp as we speak

10. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    Chad has been out for a walk again. !!!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by