Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. annie82005

annie82005 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2013
    Snow Shoe, Pa
    that would be my kid for sure! :)

2. annie82005

Mar 8, 2013
    Snow Shoe, Pa
    that would be my kid for sure! :)

3. annie82005

Mar 8, 2013
    Snow Shoe, Pa
    Ok folks in Centre County. I want these cluckers to go outside soon! They are 4 weeks old. How much longer should I wait? As you all know it is still unpleasantly cold. I can easily put their heat lamp out there and it won't be drafty. I don't want to do anything to jeopardize them but they are starting to out grow the brooder. Any suggestions?

4. Birdfeathers123

Birdfeathers123 Out Of The Brooder

Hi - I usually wait 2.5 - 3 months (fully feathered) to put them outside - you are correct that it's definitely too cold to put them out right now.

5. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    I have some that are about that age. They're in the metal shed out there, but have a heat lamp (250 watt red heat lamp). They've been out there for about two weeks? Maybe longer?

6. Birdfeathers123

Didn't read the growing out of the brooder part til now! We built a 5 ft by 3 ft box to put the chicks in after they outgrew their original box - particle board on the bottom, and just 4 cheap wood posts on each corner, and lined the whole thing with thick plastic. We got the thick plastic as leftover from our job - but you might be able to purchase it at a hardware store?

7. Birdfeathers123

I didn't know that you could put them out that early (with a heat lamp of course) - good to know - thanks!!!

8. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    They might be okay because of the rest of the fatties in the shed. I have quite a few very large, very meaty birds who produce quite a bit of heat in there over night as well.

9. ctfeathers

ctfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2013
    Eastern PA
    Gender guess?

BO 5 weeks old.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. fawngrovechad

fawngrovechad Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2012
    PA in USA
    TSC in shrewsbury has cool banties but I only need 2 to go with my silver laced Wyandotte. Anyone lookin for 4 banties for their flock??? Id let you pick your 4...youd just have to swing by and pick them up :) I may head up to York tomorrow to the Agway to check out what they have in though too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by