Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. wlrabbitry

wlrabbitry Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

2. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    Last night I had eggs for supper. As I was putting them on a plate, DH texted saying he had 1/2 an hour to talk before he had to start driving. As I sat on my bed listening to him, and eating my eggs I began to feel really guilty and grossed out. I was eating Marans eggs. They happened to be the first ones I have eaten. I was thinking, "I am eating those poor chicken's eggs! I hope they don't find out!" Then I began thinking that I don't really know the chickens that well. Where have they been? What have they been eating the past few weeks? Are they clean chickens?"
    Yup, you guys talk about being crazy! I did laugh when I realized my train of thought.[​IMG] In my defense (not that I have one) I am still new to eating my other brown eggs. I see now that I am going to have to work up to eating my blue and green eggs. I thought I would be okay. Guess not!

3. wlrabbitry

wlrabbitry Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    Took me the longest time to eat my blue eggs....So I know what you mean. Now that I am eating them well, I think now, "what the heck was I afraid of ... THEY ARE DELICIOUS!!!!!"

4. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Lol. The only problem I have with eating blue eggs is that I'd rather hatch them!

5. AUNT KAT

AUNT KAT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2013
    Lebanon, Pa
    Oh, totally gonna build an extra big run to add to it, but I mean as far as a "bed" for night. And if I had my way, they will be tame enough to not be cooped up, but in the fenced in yard. It's soooooo cute! And they would be safe. You guys think still too small???? You know, maybe I better measure and use tape to mark to see how small I am lookin at here........good idea guys!

6. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    [​IMG]

7. JoanO

JoanO Out Of The Brooder

Oct 10, 2011
    Spring Grove, PA
    Does anyone do or know anyone who does guineas? A friend is looking for either keets or eggs (that I will have to incubate). I don't want to have either shipped so it they would need to be within an hour or so of York.

8. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    If I'm not mistaken, I believe Ray breeds guineas

9. JoanO

JoanO Out Of The Brooder

Oct 10, 2011
    Spring Grove, PA
    Which Ray is that, LeBlackBird? Is he on here often enough that he will see this or will I have to send him a message?

Sorry, I'm still so new here that I have no clue who breeds what.

10. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania

Ray From PA

He's on this thread sometimes, I think Blarney just mentioned that he was at Delmarva. He might be on the map, I haven't checked yet :)

Here's one of his ads-
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...hins-pullets-and-lavendar-or-buff-guinea-fowl

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by