Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

12 miles or so from our house... and 2 blocks probably from Radioman's work...

I imagine they've doubled his security lately! Lots of folks looking for his hide!

2. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA

Oh ok. We are in Julain, so not far at all!

3. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky

Nice! It's exciting to have such close BYC neighbors! We're both in Julian! Well, technically I'm in Unionville, but basically the same thing, lol.

4. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky

And another neighbor! Yes! Lol.

What do you guys raise?

5. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

6. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA

Yay! Another close neighbor!

7. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky

LOL! Can you imagine? He probably has a better armed guard and defense than the president!

8. fisherlady

Hey there,

I have a choice of roosters for you. We have an adult EE, he is beautiful, and takes care of the girls, he isn't a 'lap chicken' but he is easy to handle and isn't people agressive at all.
    We have another EE/mutt, also beautiful, but he is a bantam, so only about 4 lbs maybe? He is awesome with his girls and tolerates handling without agression but he avoids being picked up if he can! He has never been agressive towards us at all, just doesn't want to be bothered by us stupid humans. Once you catch him he just sits quietly in your arms though.

and We have some youngsters who we will be sending to freezer camp if no one else can use them. They are hatchery Barred Rock roos (3 to choose from, 8 wks now and incredibly friendly, love roosing on our shoulder or arm anytime we are near them!)
    I'm pretty sure we have 2 Black Australorp roos in our 8 wk old group. Also very people friendly, though not quite as puppy doggish as the Barred rocks, also love to roost on people when they can.
    and we just picked up some black giants (Jersey Giants from Mt Healthy hatchery)... I think 2 of them are roos and we won't be keeping them for breeding so they would be available also. They are only a few days old now, so will be more sure of them being roos in the next few weeks.

We are only a half hour from you, if you decide you want a roo or two just let us know and you can pick one out if we have what you are looking for.

9. fisherlady

I think they actually keep him at the borough building in town... which also houses one of the Fire Departments, the municiple offices, and the police Department! So yep, he's pretty secured... unfortunately!

10. fisherlady

Awesome project!! Beautiful tiara! Tell Harmony she did well!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by