Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

NW Pa here
Hi there! We spend a lot of time up just west of Erie through the summer, and also some time in Elk Co enjoying the trout streams! Glad to have you onboard!
Welcome! york county here. :) You are in the right place. great bunch of people and very helpful!
Yep, very helpful.... we'll help you find all the chickens you never knew you needed!! LOL

Yes, I too am a victim of TSC chick days. Heaven help me.
Starting to look like they need to call it 'duckling days'! LOL Congrats though, very cute!
As I told my husband, if I'm going to have chickens, I'm going to totally commit to having chickens.

I think his reasoning for giving me the "coop" I want is that he thinks he'll be able to use it for his own purposes if I ever tire of chickens. Ha. Tough chance.

Thanks to everyone for your feedback about the windows. I'm also going to make sure the eaves are protected from critters.
We built ours to be usable as a large shed if we ever get out of chickens or when we sell the place it becomes an yard shed. 12x12 interior, normal 'house style' construction, covered porch area on front with steps. Didn't really cost more to do it that way and we hope to be out of there within next few years, so wanted it to be usable as something else if new owners aren't chicken people (yikes! I can't believe I just said some folks aren't chicken people!)

Just found another in the Run! LOL! I'm wondering if this one was from yesterday

Nice to see you back on here posting! Just make sure you keep an eye on the coop you may notice one or 2 more on the ground! Sometimes the first one or 2 eggs won't be layed in the nest box!! But they wiill figure it out!

I have 1 1/2 week old chicks and 4 day old chicks. Last night they were making a trilling noise. I have them separated but beside one another and it wasn't just one side but coming from both sides. Are they ok.

I have 1 1/2 week old chicks and 4 day old chicks. Last night they were making a trilling noise. I have them separated but beside one another and it wasn't just one side but coming from both sides. Are they ok.

A trilling noise for mine normally is a happy noise. A more shrill noise could mean a few things, feed me, give me water, something is upsettng me, etc. My little stinkers know/have figured out that if they make a certain noise i will come over to talk to them or feed them, lol.

Nice to see you back on here posting! Just make sure you keep an eye on the coop you may notice one or 2 more on the ground! Sometimes the first one or 2 eggs won't be layed in the nest box!! But they wiill figure it out!
1f60a.png
thank You! Glad to be back. (I'm trying be be more diligent in using this app. ) LOL!
Now I have to get caught up without going through 900 pages. LOL!

Back
Top Bottom