Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Hi there! We spend a lot of time up just west of Erie through the summer, and also some time in Elk Co enjoying the trout streams! Glad to have you onboard!
    Yep, very helpful.... we'll help you find all the chickens you never knew you needed!! LOL
    Starting to look like they need to call it 'duckling days'! LOL Congrats though, very cute!
    We built ours to be usable as a large shed if we ever get out of chickens or when we sell the place it becomes an yard shed. 12x12 interior, normal 'house style' construction, covered porch area on front with steps. Didn't really cost more to do it that way and we hope to be out of there within next few years, so wanted it to be usable as something else if new owners aren't chicken people (yikes! I can't believe I just said some folks aren't chicken people!)

2. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa

Nice to see you back on here posting! Just make sure you keep an eye on the coop you may notice one or 2 more on the ground! Sometimes the first one or 2 eggs won't be layed in the nest box!! But they wiill figure it out!

3. gracetonchick

gracetonchick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2013
    I have 1 1/2 week old chicks and 4 day old chicks. Last night they were making a trilling noise. I have them separated but beside one another and it wasn't just one side but coming from both sides. Are they ok.

4. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

A trilling noise for mine normally is a happy noise. A more shrill noise could mean a few things, feed me, give me water, something is upsettng me, etc. My little stinkers know/have figured out that if they make a certain noise i will come over to talk to them or feed them, lol.

5. Pentamom

Pentamom Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] thank You! Glad to be back. (I'm trying be be more diligent in using this app. ) LOL!
    Now I have to get caught up without going through 900 pages. LOL!

6. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa
    I really like the phone app! Hate when I use my lap top anymore!!

7. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

8. Pentamom

Pentamom Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm not a fan of the tiny comment box and when you have to quote more than 3 people. LOL! Especially when a slew of photos are involved. Thankfully I already know how to read HTML so I don't delete the wrong things. LOL!

9. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania

I am going. I will have my BYC member name tag on!

10. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    OMG Blarney!!! They are so cute though! Glad to see I am not the only victim!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by