Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

My first bobwhite! Two days early.
    [​IMG]

2. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    I'm thinking you two are trouble!

3. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Some chickens really make no noise what so every. When they get in numbers the noises start. And when you have a rooster. The lil hens would do great for you and you could get almost any breed you want it all depends on the color of egg you want.

4. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Very nice! I have three of them. 2 males and a lonely lil girl. I have them separated from the Coturnix

5. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    I had to go back through and figure out what was different... I was to busy looking at his bare chest.... Mmmm. Chicken? What chicken? I'm seeing beefcake! LOL!

6. pagumby

pagumby Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2013
    Hummelstown, PA
    the top picture looks like the speckled Sussex that I have. Looks about the same age too.

7. stake

stake Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2013
    Malvern, pa

Hi:

Howdy from Chester County. (I grew up in your neck of the woods). I am about two months ahead of you in the chicken process, so I'm a newbie too...

I bought a coop/run from ebay....it really was poorly made...It will last me a year (hopefully). I am beginning the process of building my own coop from pallets..(Sally Sunshine has a great tutorial listed in her signature...(She posts often)...

When I bought my six chicks I went with x2BOs, x2 Gold laced Wyandottes (GLWs) and x2 Silver Gray Dorkings. My criteria was : Cold Hardy, Friendly, will do well in a pen. They should give 3-4 eggs per week...other breeds lay better.

I believe the coop/run you intend to buy will hold 3-4 full sized birds and maybe 5-6 bantems...There are lots of folks on here that can help you with whatever you need to know a lot better than I. Good luck!

8. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Wow! I didn't realize how close you are to a bunch of us

9. motherhen71185

motherhen71185 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2012
    Southern York County, PA
    Welcome!!! This is the perfect place to come learn! However I will warn you that they are serious about being enablers. I wanted 12 hens. I now have 15 chicks with more on the way!

10. motherhen71185

motherhen71185 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2012
    Southern York County, PA
    Ha
    Lol! So did I!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by