Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

Yay! That's at least 6 of us going! A BYC mini convention! Should be fun. Can't wait!!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  2. roseschickies

roseschickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    oh I Loved this movie!! My Son has it!! We watch it all the time! the triplets are my favorite! especially when they turn into little bears!! HA!!! I think my only complaint about that movie is it is so dark! I can only watch it when its dark outside so I can see whats going on during the action scenes!

3. roseschickies

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    Good GOD!!! Good morning too YOU!!! [​IMG]

4. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

5. roseschickies

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    Here Ya go!! HA!
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. josephrose

josephrose Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2013
    Delaware County
    Hello! Delware County here, just south of Philly.

I have no chickens yet, but I hope to get started in May. I've been reading what I can, but of course I still feel a little clueless.

I'm not equipped to build my own coop, so I'll likely be purchasing one. THIS ONE on Amazon seems to get good reviews and looks like it should do the job for 3 hens which is what I plan to have. Does anyone know of a fairly local (not crazy expensive) place to check out and purchase a coop? I'd really like one of the "tractor" types with wheels to move it around the yard easily, but I haven't found one that looks to be of good quality without costing too much.

As for the breed of chickens, THIS ARTICLE has really sold me on the Buff Orpingtons. I need the chickens to be as kid-friendly as possible. It does mention that they may be kind of loud... how loud are we talking here? Is it constant loud noise? Occasional? Just trying to get the best understanding ahead of time to make the best choices. Is there a good local spot to get my chickens from?

Any help is appreciated!

7. Gardeningmama

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. Gardeningmama

[​IMG] Hello From Southeastern York County AND......[​IMG] They aren't loud at all, in my opinion, just don't get a rooster.

9. roseschickies

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    Welcome! I am not sure what to tell you for the coop... But as for the Buff.. I have 4 i just recently picked up , loving them! thanks wing, They are very friendly, and the one girl is really loud! Oh boy does she let you know when something is up! But the others are pretty quiet. so I guess it just depends on the birds personality if she wants to be noisy or not! Good luck getting only 3, I only wanted 4!! hehe!!

10. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome groom Lancaster county!
    Best place to get chickens? From someone on here. I'm sure you aren't far from someone who has something that will serve your needs. And we LOVE to enable, err, encourage others.
    A movable Coop, or tractor, isn't that difficult to build. There are some designs on the net and on this forum. Look at chop designs. Perhaps you have a neighbor or friend who could help in building one. Than can be rather simple. A couple pieces of plywood and 2x4's.
    Another option is a large dog house/run. Keep an eye on craigslist.
    Feel free to ask all the questions you like. Very friendly and helpful group here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by