Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur Premium Member

No, no, no. Get some hens. Definitely worth it. Its just that some roosters can be boogies. Not the majority of them.

2. roseschickies

roseschickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    Yeah once all mine start laying I was thinking $2/doz

3. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    LOL. Hmmm, I wonder what your favorite is?

4. Baym

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    That's great guys. Are you profiting at $3/dozen or just defraying costs?

5. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

For the buyer indeed!

I wish we could get that around here...

I charge $2 a dozen and have several repeat customers. I do give some away to family/friends. For the Relay for Life sale I charged $3/dozen and $4/dozen and a half. I sold all the eggs I could get my hands on, mine, beaglady's and a friend who is local. Got to NJ and had several people ask me if I had extras! So I told them I'll be back soon with more eggs.

6. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

7. Baym

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    My guess was "Free".

Free booze. Free money. Free-dom.

8. Pentamom

Pentamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank You guys! I will probably will just get rid of him. Grr..I appreciate all the honesty. It's a shame that he may not change. I have a super nice rooster that will be going to coop may, he's a delight and a pushover. LOL!! Oh yeah, and the brahma is really nice also.

Congratulations on your first egg sale!! I can't wait until this is my main business. I will be selling for $3.00 per dozen with a .50 kick back if they bring back their container to recycle. ;-)

9. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa

Chickens are great, just like they said stay away from roosters unless u want babies then find a breed that is more docile! Might also want to stick with bantams since they are smaller and he may tolerate them more! I got bantams so my 4 yr old daughter could handle them! Didn't want something that was bigger then her! Good luck!

10. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey All! First let me say, I AM NOT FISHING FOR VOTES, but I am soo excited. My Harley made the top #13 for The Flapper Contest. YAY!!!! Voting is now open, so please go vote...I just won't tell you who Harley is, then it's fair!! [​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by