Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Any of the bater folks ever try hatching eggs from Whole Foods or Trader Joe's? There's a thread somewhere in BYC that folks are getting 50% hatche rates..though most are production type birds.....nothing exotic....

I must be terrible.... I charge $3/ doz! But brown eggs in store are at least $4.00 gotta pay for their feed and treats! No one has complained yet....

U ain't terrible!!! I just chose to charge $1 because my son and I just wanna make some chump change :) if I get more people wanting them, I can always charge more if my girls can't keep up :)

Quote:
Why, I have No idea what you are talking about??? But here's a hug anyhow!
hugs.gif

That's great guys. Are you profiting at $3/dozen or just defraying costs?
Really just defraying costs, I do however give a few doz here and there away.... My parents, in laws, etc. but seriously no one has complained about the price and I have several repeat customers! Told DH the other day that I need more chickens.... Business has been picking up!!!!! Lol he's not buying it though.....
hu.gif

HI everyone! You all have been busy today! Just thought i would give you an update on teh sick chick. Seems she just got some dust.... She is bright an chipper. I put electrolytes in their water and moved them out to the shed (coop) all different low dust bedding/ more ventilation and more room. Boy are they happy!!! They are flying al lover the place. The one was trying to take a dust bath in the shavings so I put a container of DE in for him. I am still keeping an eye on everyone, but i guess it was a fals alarm. Sorry for the paniced posts. I am new to this and know how quickly a diseas can wipe out your flock. I tend to worry easily... Thanks again to everyone who posted info for me! Greatly appreciated! I will post some pics this evening of every one in their new home!

Back
Top Bottom