Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

[COLOR=800080]Hey All! First let me say, I AM NOT FISHING FOR VOTES, but I am soo excited. My Harley made the top #13  for The Flapper Contest. YAY!!!! Voting is now open, so please go vote...I just won't tell you who Harley is, then it's fair!![/COLOR]  :woot :celebrate

Wahoo!! Congratulations!!

I have a rooster named Spike that is the most awesome roo ever. I absolutely love him, he's a gentlemen, and pretty to boot. I purposely am growing his baby roo in hopes that he's half the rooster his dad is. There are awesome roosters out there, you just have to find one.

Thank you! Just a shame, that's all.

Well Mr Green Jeans and all the girls are enjoying this beautiful day out in the yard... I'm so impressed at how he watches out for his girls! ...think I'm going to have some fertile EE eggs soon! Probably only hatch them if I get a broody though
fl.gif
guess we'll see what happens though

Well, chicken math strikes again. Went to the feed store for the usual, spotted a little chick in the corner with a pasted-up butt (Assorted bantam bin). I couldn't leave him there :( so I offered to take him home. They didn't want me to only take home one. So, three more bantam chicks in the pen. Pretty sure Mr. Pasty is either a WLR Cornish or a White laced buff sebright. Who knows XD pretty sure the other ones are a dark Cornish and a splash oegb. Oops :lol:

HI everyone! You all have been busy today! Just thought i would give you an update on teh sick chick. Seems she just got some dust.... She is bright an chipper. I put electrolytes in their water and moved them out to the shed (coop) all different low dust bedding/ more ventilation and more room. Boy are they happy!!! They are flying al lover the place. The one was trying to take a dust bath in the shavings so I put a container of DE in for him. I am still keeping an eye on everyone, but i guess it was a fals alarm. Sorry for the paniced posts. I am new to this and know how quickly a diseas can wipe out your flock. I tend to worry easily... Thanks again to everyone who posted info for me! Greatly appreciated! I will post some pics this evening of every one in their new home!

Don't ever apologize for needing/wanting/asking for help. We've all been there, and likely will be again.

Well, chicken math strikes again. Went to the feed store for the usual, spotted a little chick in the corner with a pasted-up butt (Assorted bantam bin). I couldn't leave him there :( so I offered to take him home. They didn't want me to only take home one. So, three more bantam chicks in the pen. Pretty sure Mr. Pasty is either a WLR Cornish or a White laced buff sebright. Who knows XD pretty sure the other ones are a dark Cornish and a splash oegb. Oops :lol:

OOH white laced buff sebright???

...so...captain jack sparrow bit my son when he went to let them out of the coop. He was petting the brahma and when he stood up, captain jack bit him in the leg. Smh. I don't know what to do with him as he tried to do that to me yesterday, but I thought it was because he saw something shiny.
I don't mean to sound so mean about this.....but when my roosters turned and hurt my boys, they met the side of me they didn't wanna see. And then I ate them. Love my chickens to the hill....but no way!!!

He'd be dinner here as well. The one roo we had was mean and nasty. He tested us all, and we thought he had been whipped into shape, until the one day he caught my youngest behind the garage. It wouldn't give up, even after a boot to the butt. It took me kicking it TWICE before it turned on me and let my youngest son go. He had a scratched open lip and scratches above and below his eye... If that thing had gotten his eye, I could never have forgiven myself. Now, they get the freezer. I have one mean roo right now, but I'm letting it slide for now, since it's a caged bird and he has no access to my kids.

HI everyone! You all have been busy today! Just thought i would give you an update on teh sick chick. Seems she just got some dust.... She is bright an chipper. I put electrolytes in their water and moved them out to the shed (coop) all different low dust bedding/ more ventilation and more room. Boy are they happy!!! They are flying al lover the place. The one was trying to take a dust bath in the shavings so I put a container of DE in for him. I am still keeping an eye on everyone, but i guess it was a fals alarm. Sorry for the paniced posts. I am new to this and know how quickly a diseas can wipe out your flock. I tend to worry easily... Thanks again to everyone who posted info for me! Greatly appreciated! I will post some pics this evening of every one in their new home!
yesss.gif
AWESOME NEWS! SO HAPPY TO HEAR THIS!!
hugs.gif

Started the coop today! Getting excited to get these girls outside! Now if only the weather would warm up a bit! They are a few days shy of 5 weeks old. How long do they stay on the chick starter? And do you have any suggestions on food for when they are ready?

Back
Top Bottom