Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. MButerbaugh

MButerbaugh Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2012
    So after 4 short days with a roo around I have a broody hen! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. AUNT KAT

AUNT KAT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2013
    Lebanon, Pa
    I have had the discussion already......but a few of them have attitudes and don' really care what I say anymore.......in fact, I am pretty sure one of them flipped me off after I was walking away last time......cuz I heard the rest gigglin......[​IMG]

3. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    I won't rehome a mean roo personally. They are either nice or they get eaten. Too bad the lady I got my first roo told me how nice he was... turned out to be the meanest ******* ever. He didn't last more than 2 weeks or so.

4. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky

That's a bunch of bull. The two leghorn boys here chased off a very large bear, but have never been people aggressive...

5. grandpaw roo

grandpaw roo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2013
    Lanc.Co. Pa.
    I was at the Dragon too.Those Lady Amhearsts went for $75 each X 3.I was at the front of the rail till 8:00.

6. cskotek

cskotek Chillin' With My Peeps

Lol. It happens!

And thanks!

7. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

Might be ~ but I was just glad to get him a home with someone who knew he was mean and still wanted him.

8. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks For The Update on Rosie! She looks happy. Post a pic of Cocoa when you get a chance. The man that I told you about came this morning, and bought all of the rest of them. Even the lonely roo. 2 Cages emptied in 1 morning [​IMG],. They went to a very good home though.
    She's just pretending to be broody to get the heck away from him......[​IMG]
    [​IMG] Yikes, I've seen trios go for $100.00 from a guy in Northern Pa (maybe the same guy). You can find eggs for not too bad a price too. I was looking into them last year, but am going with my Call Ducklings.

Speaking of which: Wing, when are yours due to hatch? Mine are due April 13th, but someone else is hatching them for me sooo....What color do you have?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  9. AppleJackAcres

AppleJackAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2013
    York County, PA
    I am working on true LF Araucana line.. Just hatched some black chicks couple weeks ago 2 are tufted, 4 clean faced. Hopefully getting a pair shipped in later this spring. I'm having hard time finding any around besides the common (Araucana/Americana/EE) mixed breeds. Anyone know of anyone in the area?...haven't seen any at the farm shows....but that doesn't mean they aren't around.. I'm just curious :)

10. galgo98

galgo98 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Lebanon, Pennsylvania
    Sounds like you are going for one of each too! [​IMG] I have a fawn, fawn and white, white, grey, blue, black, buff, and trout. Good luck with the trout eggs!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by