Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania

Alright, I'll try to get pics of the little doll! She's so itty bitty! Little rough around the edges though, trying to work her through her current poopy butt period of her life :lol:
    Ohhh yes! Do post pics of those handsome boys!

2. AUNT KAT

AUNT KAT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2013
    Lebanon, Pa
    I believe there are some Italians that use ricotta. And to me, the basket cheese is soft and similar to ricotta. But my Nana always used Cooper sharp. It has sweet Italian sausage, hot Italian sausage, the egg, and Cooper. Oh, and fennel. I think what we need to do next year is have a pie party, and I will just hafta make a bunch!!! [​IMG] And we can invite any other variations, so everyone can get a sample of each. That would be fun!

3. galgo98

galgo98 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Lebanon, Pennsylvania
    That sounds like what my ex-in-laws called "Pizza Rustica". It weighed a ton!!! ...but oh so yummy!!

4. AUNT KAT

AUNT KAT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2013
    Lebanon, Pa
    Oh, and will ask my grandmother and the rest fo my family about what you are talking about. Will also ask my friends. Someone is bound to know what it is and how to make it.

5. yelnad

yelnad Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2012
    Central PA
    Today we picked up some scrap vinyl flooring for my coop and moved all 30 girls out there. The younger ones are still in 2 dog crates while the 6 weekers are not. 2 heat lamps. Hopefully every one is snug as a bug tonight. When I went out to check after dinner, 2 rogue chickens were cuddled up in the corner farthest from the lamps.

I don't remember who suggested putting a porch or deck on the coop, but we do have plans to do this soon. Probably 4x6 or 4x8.

Still lots of work to do, but I am excited to have my bathroom back!

6. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    I normally would not candle till lockdown, but since there seems to be alot of interest in the call ducks, i had to peek...
    out of 14 eggs all seem good except 3 (2 bloodrings, 1 clear )
    for the d'anver all 6 eggs look good, they actually appear to be farther along then they are......being so small does anyone know if they usually hatch early,,,these eggs are the size of serama eggs.

7. annie82005

annie82005 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2013
    Snow Shoe, Pa
    [​IMG]

Big thanks to mama2my4!
    We added these sweet fuzz balls to our family today! Yay!!!!

1 person likes this.
  8. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    Wing, I believe the bantams should hatch on schedule :) Keep us updated on them and the Call's progress!

I nabbed a 16' x 5' coop for free today! The thing is a MONSTER! it's split in half in the middle with chicken wire (I'll replace it with plywood) an has two chicken doors on either end. If that wasn't Score enough, I also got 8 12' kennel panels (2 door panels included) for a hundred bucks! It's been a good day!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. Sangreyhenhouse

Sangreyhenhouse Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    [​IMG]

This is cocoa for u gardeningmama

10. fawngrovechad

fawngrovechad Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2012
    PA in USA