Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Pic please! And if you decide you don't want it, and it's a girl...I'll take it off your hands. My silver sebright roo is lonely.

I got my Ameraucanas from SgtMom last year. Wound up with all boys, believe I have blues. I'll get pics this afternoon on Fiancee's new smartphone and post them for you.

Alright, I'll try to get pics of the little doll! She's so itty bitty! Little rough around the edges though, trying to work her through her current poopy butt period of her life :lol:
Ohhh yes! Do post pics of those handsome boys!

Kat, would it by chance be made with ricotta?? My fiancee's first wife was italian. She apparently always made something called Ham Cake. Of course...she never wrote down the recipe. The kids swear it was ham, ricotta, and crust....I have no clue, but they really want it, and I'd love to make it for them.
I believe there are some Italians that use ricotta. And to me, the basket cheese is soft and similar to ricotta. But my Nana always used Cooper sharp. It has sweet Italian sausage, hot Italian sausage, the egg, and Cooper. Oh, and fennel. I think what we need to do next year is have a pie party, and I will just hafta make a bunch!!!
wink.png
And we can invite any other variations, so everyone can get a sample of each. That would be fun!

Kat, would it by chance be made with ricotta?? My fiancee's first wife was italian. She apparently always made something called Ham Cake. Of course...she never wrote down the recipe. The kids swear it was ham, ricotta, and crust....I have no clue, but they really want it, and I'd love to make it for them.

That sounds like what my ex-in-laws called "Pizza Rustica". It weighed a ton!!! ...but oh so yummy!!

Oh, and will ask my grandmother and the rest fo my family about what you are talking about. Will also ask my friends. Someone is bound to know what it is and how to make it.

Today we picked up some scrap vinyl flooring for my coop and moved all 30 girls out there. The younger ones are still in 2 dog crates while the 6 weekers are not. 2 heat lamps. Hopefully every one is snug as a bug tonight. When I went out to check after dinner, 2 rogue chickens were cuddled up in the corner farthest from the lamps.

I don't remember who suggested putting a porch or deck on the coop, but we do have plans to do this soon. Probably 4x6 or 4x8.

Still lots of work to do, but I am excited to have my bathroom back!

I normally would not candle till lockdown, but since there seems to be alot of interest in the call ducks, i had to peek...
out of 14 eggs all seem good except 3 (2 bloodrings, 1 clear )
for the d'anver all 6 eggs look good, they actually appear to be farther along then they are......being so small does anyone know if they usually hatch early,,,these eggs are the size of serama eggs.

Wing, I believe the bantams should hatch on schedule :) Keep us updated on them and the Call's progress!

I nabbed a 16' x 5' coop for free today! The thing is a MONSTER! it's split in half in the middle with chicken wire (I'll replace it with plywood) an has two chicken doors on either end. If that wasn't Score enough, I also got 8 12' kennel panels (2 door panels included) for a hundred bucks! It's been a good day!

Last edited:
Wing, I believe the bantams should hatch on schedule :) Keep us updated on them and the Call's progress!

I nabbed a 16' x 5' coop for free today! The thing is a MONSTER! it's split in half in the middle with chicken wire (I'll replace it with plywood) an has two chicken doors on either end. If that wasn't Score enough, I also got 8 12' kennel panels (2 door panels included) for a hundred bucks! It's been a good day!

Where'd u get that free coop?!?!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom