Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. cskotek

cskotek Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Thanks. its been not so easy to find them! Arghhh. Lolll But I did only start with 4 blues.... and then I incubated.... hahah

2. galgo98

galgo98 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Lebanon, Pennsylvania
    Beautiful birds!!! [​IMG]

3. galgo98

galgo98 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Lebanon, Pennsylvania
    Yummy!! You should've contacted me... I have extra duck eggs you could've used. Do you make Easter Egg bread too??

4. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Wow! How can you resist?? sooo sweet And the only living thing we bought at the Dragon was a Hyacinth. :D The kids actually bought it, told me they had something special, KNOWING I would say, 'It better not be alive" lil boogers. Mean Roo = Soup Leblack Bird, that trio of pheasants went for over $200... unbelievable.

5. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

She's probably hiding from him. ;)

Cskotek: Those ducks are GORGEOUS!

Aunt Kat!! Easter Pie?! my FIL used to bring it every Easter, it weighed a TON (and so did I after eating it for a week!)

6. AUNT KAT

AUNT KAT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2013
    Lebanon, Pa
    Oh I wish I had thought to ask if anyone wanted to sell eggs, but I would LOVE to buy some for myself for breakfast til mine are old enough to lay.......and my Dad will love some.....so let me know if you have some, and I'll def come and get them!!! And I am making Sweet Bread......it's a family recipe going back a LOOONG way that we only make on Christmas and Easter by Tradition. Have some to share!!! And my recipe for my pies goes back too. In order to make it EXACTLY the way my Nana did, I go home to NJ to buy the sausage from the SAME company she did. And I use the same exact recipe!! I've been baking since 7:30.......ready to FALL OVER!!!

7. AUNT KAT

AUNT KAT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2013
    Lebanon, Pa
    Fo you know if it was basket cheese or another kind? My nana always used cooper sharp, so that's what I do. But, some Italians make it with basket cheese. I just celebrated my first weight loss goal of 30 lbs (thurs)..........and had to calculate this pie for myfitnesspal.com. It's like 400 plus calories a slice!!!! WOW!!!!!! Better go easy this year on it :D

8. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

Kat, would it by chance be made with ricotta?? My fiancee's first wife was italian. She apparently always made something called Ham Cake. Of course...she never wrote down the recipe. The kids swear it was ham, ricotta, and crust....I have no clue, but they really want it, and I'd love to make it for them.

9. Pentamom

Pentamom Chillin' With My Peeps

I am nothing less than honest. LOL! [​IMG] Apparently too much for my own good apparently. When I had posted to rehome the 5 roosters recently, I did say in my post that they recovered from the cocci virus. I don't believe in misleading people. Not my thang. But appreciate the advice. On a lighter note. Jennise and Cabella went to coop today, so I am 2 less chickens in my basement brooder. Now I'm in the process of repurposing the coop that was destroyed in sandy, and making it big enough for anymore chicken I may obtain before winter. How many do you think I can fit in an 8x8 coop?

10. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

8x8=64/4=16 I'd prolly stop at 14...but that's me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by