Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

That would be so awesome!!! Hopefully she sticks to her nest over the next few nights! If she does then you should be able to gather up a few eggs for her.... so neat!!! [​IMG]

and BTW... Mr Green Jeans was really good around Gracies babies. He watched them, and allowed them around him and underfoot without problem and never bothered them when they were digging for scratch. So hopefully he will be the same with your hen's little ones if she hatches them out.
    Have you caught him 'purring' in the nest boxes yet? He did it almost every day here, usually in 2 or 3 different boxes. He would get into one, and start rearranging the bedding and cooing and purring, trying to get a hen to check out the awesome apartment he found just for her! Very cute to watch.
    I'm not one for mean roos either, but I also would consider that it is possible that a roo who was sweet as pie at his original home behaves much different when suddenly thrown into a new situation .. (different hens, no other roo to keep him in line, different surroundings making him nervous, etc) I was nervous about rehoming Mr Green Jeans, I know he hasn't ever been people agressive here, but didn't know how he would act in new situation. I'd take him back in a minute if he gets out of line and causes trouble.
    Animals aren't so different from people, they react (or sometimes over react) to their environment... The problem is that animals often react to fear with agression, and it creates a dangerous situation which sometimes just can't be 'waited out' for things to get better.
    I suggested the porch... glad you are planning one. They are great! Ours has become a favorite hangout for cats, dogs, chickens and people in the evenings when weather permits.
    Congrats on the great 'aquisition day'!! sounds like you made out great! [​IMG]

2. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania

A friend called me up and told me she was done with chooks, asked me if I wanted it :) If I didn't take it, she was going to scrap it!

3. fawngrovechad

fawngrovechad Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2012
    PA in USA
    [​IMG]
    Yep! Camping out back in playset! Mans night!!!
    [​IMG]
    **** it's cold!!!!

4. fawngrovechad

Aug 27, 2012
    PA in USA
    Love it u lucky chick!!!! Haha!

5. LeBlackbird

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania

It was a lucky day!! :lol: I have to move these Meaties out of the house though, before they become the death of me...

6. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

I believe I said in an earlier post that our Good Friday was a very good Friday!

Well after 10+ yrs we made it official.... Radioman is now my DH instead of my SO... (the 'fiance' stage was only a few weeks, so kinda skipped that step! LOL)

[​IMG]

7. MButerbaugh

MButerbaugh Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2012
    Congratulations!!!! Very exciting!

1 person likes this.
  8. LeBlackbird

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    Awwwweee! :D

9. fawngrovechad

Aug 27, 2012
    PA in USA
    Awesomeness!!!!!!

10. MButerbaugh

MButerbaugh Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2012
    Well, she doesn't quite stick to the nest like I imagine she should, we put a fake egg in there for her so I'll be watching! Mr green jeans and I had to have a little chat this evening.... I tried to pick him up and he was less than thrilled, needless to say I won. I don't want him to think he doesn't have to listen to me... Lol he really is a sweetheart with the girls. So far, so good! He's a nice addition to our family. He and the dog had a little songfest day 1 - he'd crow, she'd start barking, causing him to crow, etc. I missed it as I was at work but my friend who was staying with us told me all about it! Lol I haven't seen him in the nest boxes, but I've quite enjoyed his performances out free ranging with the girls! It's been fun.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by