Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. motherhen71185

motherhen71185 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2012
    Southern York County, PA
    congrats!!! :)

2. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    I do breed Ameraucanas, I only have a grown splash rooster for sale right now. I have an old man blue rooster, I said he would always die here on the farm. If she is willing to give him a good home, I might consider it. This poor guy has had a rough winter, he needs to molt, and I just got him through bumble foot. With that being said he make beautiful babies. He is 6 yrs old this year. He is from Paul Smith in Texas. He was shipped to PA as a day old chick.

3. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    These are the best ones that I know of, beautiful birds!!! http://www.hinkjcpoultry.com/variousaraucana.htm

4. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Are you serious!?!?!?!? MY GF lives in Lebanon and I am there most of the time. I work at GSH. If you need eggs I have chicken eggs out the wazoo, heck I even have quail eggs. And for a piece of that I would drop the eggs off. My ex wife would make that too(**** Italian temper). Would go to the Italian market in Reading and get the fresh Mozz, and all the really good deli meats as well as the fresh riccotta. That and the Spaghetti pie.
    I love to "fall over" and catch the Easter pie. [​IMG] The way to find me is follow the chickens eating the bread crumbs.
    Yeah it was warmer lol.
    Very Awesome!!!! Congrats!!!

5. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Fingers crossed on her going broody!! [​IMG]

If Mr Green Jeans gives you any tude just pick him up and carry him around for a while.... once he knows his limitations he should cool his jets a bit. Probably wouldn't hurt to let the kids do the same once you have him caught, so he knows they are also above him in the pecking order!! The only time I can think of him causing trouble would be if you were trying to pick up a hen and there was a lot of squawking going on... that would probably cause him to at least posture, but even then he should back down from you. Another thing for you to do to reinforce your position is that when he is out in the yard just slowly walk to him and make him give way to you, do this a few times just to remind him that you are bigger and the one really in charge. I never 'chased' him in the process of doing this, but did make him give way 3 or 4 times before I walked away. I figured since I saw Grayson do it to him once in a while then it wouldn't hurt for me to do it to!! LOL
    He is a joy to watch with the hens, he certainly thinks he's hot stuff and the bestest provider ever!! LOL

Thank you for the congrats... we were very happy to make everything official after waiting for so long!!

6. fisherlady

It may be cold but that looks like an awesome 'adventure' to have with the kids! They will be saying 'remember when we camped out in the playhouse for Easter??!!??' for years!! What a wonderful memory to create!
    But I do feel for you with the cold! Hope you had lots of soft sleeping bags!!! BBrrr!

7. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania

She'd probably prefer a young, springy rooster to keep up with her flock (He'd be in with the two hens and a few other miss matched pullets and hens). How old is the Splash? I believe both her hens are Smith/Blehm crosses but I can't be sure. There might be some local stock blood in there too, likely clionsky or however you spell his name :lol: Do you have pictures of the Splash?

Still waiting for those other pictures of the strapping young blues from Missy

8. fisherlady

Thank you all!! We are very happy to finally make it official! Now I need to change my name on about 20 or 30 different titles and accounts!! [​IMG] It's going to be a nightmare contacting everyone for paperwork on that! We started making a list today and geesh!! [​IMG] I just hope PennDot doesn't charge 'per paper' or this is going to be a real pain!

9. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Don't forget the IRS. Social Security card changed. Lots, and lots and lots of stuff

10. AppleJackAcres

AppleJackAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2013
    York County, PA

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by