Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. lclark628

lclark628 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2013
    Hey guys and gals. I lost my job a few weeks ago and I'm pretty sure I can't really afford to keep my chickens. They are 7 weeks and need a coop and I just don't have the money to buy or build one. So, I would like to rehome my chickens. I have 5 pullets, 7 weeks. Two BR, 2 RIR and one really pretty white americauna. I'm in York county all the way at the bottom. (I'm 5 minutes from the MD line.) It breaks my heart but I want my chickens to have a good home and I just can't afford to give them what they need. I can also give away some grit, feed and bedding and my heat lamp if wanted. Please PM me if you know someone who might be interested. Thanks!

2. dadtochickenfan

dadtochickenfan Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    I live between Middletown and Elizabethtown. For anyone outside south central PA, between Harrisburg and Lancaster Co. line.

3. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

I know Sonnewalds and while they do sell honey from a "local beekeeper" ~ It is from a larger producer that moves hive to Florida and does process their honey. It is not "raw".

Sonnewalds has tried to find local beekeepers that sell raw honey, but can't find anyone who can supply the volume that they sell there.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  4. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

Sorry to hear that. Have you looked into building a "pallet coop" You can get free pallets and use the wood to build a coop very cheaply.

5. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    OK, where, she asked nosily? My in-laws used to live on Columbia Hill Road.

6. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Congratulations to

Fisherlady and Radioman

Missy and her new DH

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. galgo98

galgo98 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Lebanon, Pennsylvania
    Congrats to the newlyweds!

[​IMG]

8. stake

stake Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2013
    Malvern, pa

Wing:

There is a guy I used to buy raw honey from a couple of years ago...."Exton Bee"......you can google it. (Though he's really located closer to Downingtown). My understanding is that this is a tough time to find honey as the bees haven't been out and about in months....hope this helps

9. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

10. kalbach8

kalbach8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2013
    PA
    It's considered Berwick, but out in the rural area out by Briar Creek Lake if you have ever heard of it.
    P.S. Eggs from you should start hatching late this week!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by