Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

The honey sold in most retail stores is not raw honey ~ it is processed, heated and heavily filtered to prevent crystallization. Most do not sell Wildflower honey as wildflower honey is not consistent in color and flavor from hive to hive as it comes from whatever floral source the bees can find.
    Dutch Gold does sell from there plant at good prices ~ however their honey comes in tank trucks from all over the US and Canada and is heat processed and heavily filtered.
    I do sell raw wildflower honey from my home in northern York County ~ however we are almost out until harvest time in mid July. We sell our honey for $6. a pound.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bald-Hills-Apiary/227858740607992

[​IMG]

Lancaster County Beekeepers' Assoc. has an active club and may have a list of sellers of wildflower honey.
    http://www.lancasterbeekeepers.org/
    A friend of mine has guineas that roost in the rafters of their barn.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  2. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    [​IMG]

Alright, here are the 3 bantams I picked up sitting in the palm of my hand. The poss. Sebright is on the tips of my fingers. Every day I look at her comb, the more convinced I become that this is actually a WLR Cornish bantam...

3. kalbach8

kalbach8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2013
    PA
    I am inbetween Bloomsburg and Berwick, about 10 minutes from interstate 80.

4. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

5. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    I don't know what everyone else is experiencing, but here the weather is crazy! In one hour I have seen sun, rain, snow, back to sun, drizzling, and now it is overcast.
    I am not sure whether to let everyone out.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  6. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

Here is York County it is in the mid 50's mostly sunny and a bit windy. Beautiful spring day ~ so far! [​IMG]

7. yelnad

yelnad Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2012
    Central PA
    Same here in State College area. Was pouring this morning when I was out in the coop. Dark and cloudy. Now it's sunny.

8. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    I'm in Benton/Unityville area - hubby works at Wise in Berwick. I don't think I can help you though. I don't have anything SQ... Not that I don't think my birds could win at the Bloom fair. I do have a blue wheaten Ameraucana rooster I could part with. He's pretty - colors in all the right places, no ticking and nice type... he's built a little lean, though. He also has a single beard gene (useful knowledge for breeding, but doesn't affect showing). He's 2yrs old and the nicest rooster I have. He isn't the "hold me" type, but he has never flogged me or the kids. He doesn't even jump the girls around you - and he doesn't mind you messing with his girls. I will have birds available closer to June.

9. motherhen71185

motherhen71185 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2012
    Southern York County, PA
    If any one sees any gently used wood picket fencing on craigslist or know any one who has any, let me know please! Tyring to make my garden a little more sheep proof... [​IMG]

10. JoanO

JoanO Out Of The Brooder

Oct 10, 2011
    Spring Grove, PA
    There is a store close to me that sells local honey. Pretty sure that's within an hour of you.

Sonnewald Natural Foods 4796 Lehman Rd Spring Grove PA 17362

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by