Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    I seen them, I am looking to go right to the source,,,,,,may have to run out there and get the name off the label.......would prefer to just have my own hives but hubby is a wuss when it comes to bee's.

2. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Thanks...I'll try very hard...I only had honey nut cheerios and a SMALL slice of spice ring for breakfast.
    [​IMG] Chad i love to bake, what you want,,,,,,I am not that old though.......i quit baking when the kids moved out, i end up throwing it all out, we do not eat many sweets. Thanks for the suggestions last night,,,,ended up taking a hot shower then some tylenol and advil washed down with whiskey......yea i know some would say bad combination.....but i slept great... [/QUOTE] Sounds like a perfectly reasonable combination to me.
    LMAO...why not, we hook up people with chickens all the time....now we can hook up chicken people!
    A. Sgtmom and I believe beaglady both have apiaries. B. If all else fails, I picked up a 5 gallon bucket of honey from Juniata county, it's clover. I have it in Pint Jars now.

3. wingstone

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    will check this out, wasn't aware that they sold from the plant..

4. AUNT KAT

AUNT KAT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2013
    Lebanon, Pa
    I'm just gonna throw this out there....I have 2 full grown Muscovy females (I got them about about 4 years ago at auction to add to an already older group). Over the years, the rest of the group has gotten old and passed. I also have 2 Muscovy/Mallard mix ducks. 1 male, 1 female- brother and sister. Their mother is one of the females Muscovies. They were born here June 20, 2011. Would love to see them enjoying a group again because they seem a bit bored, so if anyone is interested, please PM me.

5. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
  6. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    23 day incubation if they were already pipping I wouldn't have jacked the humidity.
    did you notice I use the big cheap frosted plastic cups. Used to use mason jars , until well...you know...too much juice and the jars have a possibility of getting broken.
    [​IMG] come down and whisper to chickens and eat pie WOOOHOOO
    My daughters live in S. WIlliamsport. I am going there tomorrow as my 7yr old just went into the hospital for appendicitis. And I am back and forth from Elysburg every other weekend. I could bring them along when I bring the girls back up on Sunday if you want something(s) from down this neck of the woods.
    Says we need a forklift......need some redneck improvisation.
    lol
    40 next year LOL. My GF is older than you lol Oh geez don't tell her I told you all
    Why not get local...[​IMG]

7. wingstone

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

8. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    OKay....you all have fun...selling my other truck this morning, gathering eggs, Easter pie, Ray's house, mark out a landscaping job and than not sure lol

9. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    I'm on a craigslist clean out mode. Truck....sold Extra big mower.....still listed and one guy coming Sat to eye it up. snowplow....to be listed as well as all kinds of other stuff. [​IMG]

10. wingstone

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    Chad I would prefer to buy local, just have not found the wildflower honey local that will sell it raw.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by