Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Missy, thats not true. I subtract and divide, normally around day 14 of an incubation period, just before I add exponents into the equation.

2. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA

Don't let her fool you... She is a future math wizard! She came to my house to pick up two chicks and left with four!

3. annie82005

annie82005 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2013
    Snow Shoe, Pa
    Wonderful explanation! This happened to me! I had all intentions-used loosely-of only taking home 2 babies and came home with 4. Couldn't help myself. Wanted only 3 to begin with on my chicken journey and some how 3 became 8. Oops! :)

4. annie82005

annie82005 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2013
    Snow Shoe, Pa
    my intentions were good on the way there to only take 2. Heehee!

5. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

So true!! So true!!
    who ever knew exponents could be fun!! and here we all never believed our math teachers when they told us we would actually be able to use some of what they were trying to teach us!!

6. pagumby

pagumby Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2013
    Hummelstown, PA
    Yes, I too thought that 6 chicks would be plenty. Now I have 14 and want more. Called TSC this morning and thank god they didn't get a shipment in today. Maybe tmw :). 5 different breeds just doesn't seem like enough variety.

7. chiques chicks

I have some chicks that hatched this weekend if you really NEED more. I'm just down the road in Mount Joy.

8. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    I have subtraction down just fine. Start with a whole glass of Chad's OJ, drink (more is better). You now have less, this is subtraction. After much of this subtraction, you will begin to experience division. Do you see 3 of everything, and none of them very clearly? That's division!

This lesson has been brought to you by the Department of Education, Intoxication Division. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  9. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

This is a much better option than TSC chicks anway....they are LOCAL!

10. chiques chicks

Problem is, that's when eBay comes along and multiplication takes effect.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by