Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. SilkieSensation

SilkieSensation Overrun With Chickens

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    Wondering if sheep work as well to mow the banks as goats do. I was considering getting a couple goats but sheep might work.

2. AUNT KAT

AUNT KAT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2013
    Lebanon, Pa
    YOU ARE SOOOOO WELCOME! AND YOU ARE ON THE PIE LIST FOR NEXT EASTER TOO! LOL! I can't Thank You enough for my eggs. I held them all the way home and my husband made fun of me. I got them right into the bator, and am turning them diligently. Can't wait!!! [​IMG]

3. AUNT KAT

Mar 19, 2013
    Lebanon, Pa
    I got the Mille Fleur from Blarney. Am considering that I may want a buff hen as well, and buy a chick. I had a buff pair that were older when I got them.......Joanie and Chachi. I loved them SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH. Both used to let me hold them and love them and sat on my lap, and BY FAR, these lil chickens are my favorite!!!! My husband thinks I have lost my mind, but I fully intend on these being my SPECIAL BABIES. He asked me what "their purpose" is, and I told him they will strictly be for lovin!!! I miss Joanie and Chachi sooooo much!!! I am so looking forward to having this breed again. And if you guys want to start a gambling pool now that I will TOTALLY go back on what I said and keep a roo if it's born and tell my neighbor to "suck mud" you will have good chances. I have already emailed my parents and husband (who normally buy me a birthday present), that I want this gorgeous hutch to put up here near the house for my Cochin Banties, and if that is THE ONLY THING I GET FOR MOTHERS DAY, MY BIRTHDAY AND SO ON, I will be a happy girl :) It's a fancy house and I will add a GIANT RUN (cuz I have seen too many hawks here and all my chickens are in big runs for safety). It is also quite possible that my next sewing project may be bantam diapers so they can come inside........LOL.[​IMG]

4. AUNT KAT

Mar 19, 2013
    Lebanon, Pa
    Oh, Motherhen........I wanted to say congrats on those two beautiful babies!!! I got sidetracked with all my little ducks and eggs and all......THEY ARE GORGEOUS!!! Hope mama got a special treat for doing such a good job!!!! What little angels!!!!
    Had considered sheep, cuz I have lots of pasture and only two fainting goats and a pot bellied pig. But, trying to read more on them to see how to care for them.....to make sure I am qualified for the job.....LOL. They are cute! Do they make good pets and like kids?

5. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    but really,,, do we need an excuse,,,,,how about, you had a black out moment and when you came to you had bid on some eggs ??
    been watching your waterfowl thread........did you say chicks ??? we need a list of current and future chicks...
    x2

6. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Does anyone know how Chad's little one is doing? I think she had surgery.

7. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Glad to see you made it over SS! [​IMG] Lot's of enablers... er... helpful chicken folks.... to be found here.

8. SilkieSensation

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    Yes wingstone....I said CHICKS! LOL There is a current list in about post 9 or so of my ad where I have chicks for sale. I have a TON of chicks & would happily make a trip to say...Washington or Pittsburg area this weekend for anyone wanting to buy chicks. I can bring all 200 of them...LOL Just let me know when & where everyone would like to meet & I'll be there. I also have a few adult RIR & Barred Rocks for sale as well that aren't listed.

As for future hatches, never know what may appear in my bators or brooders. [​IMG]

9. SilkieSensation

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    Thanks Fisherlady! I'm actually going to mostly waterfowl these days (as soon as I clear out all of these extra chicks) because my fiance likes them better. Anyone interested in a Waterfowl Egg Swap is welcome to join in mine. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/753073/waterfowl-egg-swap/30#post_10841668

10. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Wingstone - I'm thinking Friday or Saturday for a visit, depending when you and hubby are around. PM me with when might work out for you. You did say one chicken per load of straw, right?

By the way, it isn't really downsizing when you just turn over and replace inventory. Just thought I should mention that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by