Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. SilkieSensation

SilkieSensation Overrun With Chickens

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    Introduce her to BYC [​IMG]

2. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

3. motherhen71185

motherhen71185 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2012
    Southern York County, PA
    Splash Silkie Hen and Rooster - $20 (Richland)

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nice splash Silkie Hen and Rooster available. Asking $20.00 each they are out of show lines. Both very nice personalitys. Serious inquires only please! Thanks

I found a silkie hen!!!! Actually they have a pullet i am taking, so these 2 might still be available if any one else is looking.

4. pagumby

pagumby Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2013
    Hummelstown, PA
    Does anyone want to take a guess at what these little bantams are? Some have feathered legs and some don't. Really want to know what the gray ones are. Both have dark feet but only one has feathers. No extra toes that I can see. That little one with the black spot on it's head, what is it? Also, it chirps constantly when awake. It's eating, drinking and warm. I have a headache from listening to it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. stake

stake Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2013
    Malvern, pa
    I only mention this because lighting has struck twice......

About a week ago I was leaning into the brooder to clean it out and one of my BO's pecked me in the eye....not aggressively more inquisitive.....

Fast forward to last evening....the same BO jumped up onto my arm to say hello.....while I was dealing with another chick, she reached up and pecked me in the eye again.....

So, if it has happened to me twice...it might happen to somebody else...and no real damage....c'est la vie.....

6. motherhen71185

motherhen71185 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2012
    Southern York County, PA
    Question about quarentine - If i get this hen, and have a fav hen coming from beaglady next weekend. Should i quarentine them together? All my birds are still young (4-7 weeks old) and i don't want them to get sick because of my stupidity. What are the general guidlines for quarentineing birds?

7. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    In a perfect world, it would be good to keep them individually separate, and apart from your other birds for at least 2 weeks. Some say a month.

8. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

If betta doesnt get it, I am up for another Home Depot roadtrip to buy it from you!

9. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Richland...that's minutes from me

10. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Suggestion. Don't get that close with your face lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by