Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA

Have to disagree. 30 days minimum. Some diseases take that long to show. And quarantine separately, unless you are willing to take the chance of them all dying....

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  2. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop

3. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA

I am going to Harrisburg this month if you need a transport...

4. roseschickies

roseschickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
  5. kada6305

kada6305 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2013
    Kersey, Pennsylvania

6. kada6305

kada6305 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2013
    Kersey, Pennsylvania
    so last night was the first time we let the chicken out of the brooder. so put the pups in their crates and the cat in the bedroom and we let 3 of them out in the kitchen for easy clean up. Wasn't so sure if we would be able to handle all 9 and dint want anyone getting hurt :) now we had no idea how they would react with us, we handle them but never outside of the safety of their brooder...well where did they go? my lap !! LOL well I guess that means they like me,right? and they decided to use my arm as a perch...poor boyfriend, I think he felt left out lol But I was having fun !! there's nothing like knowing your baby chickens like you !! here are some pictures he took of it (figured he could make himself useful ;))

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. galgo98

galgo98 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Lebanon, Pennsylvania
    Worms are good! Yes, on the other side of the rail trail from Mt. Gretna!

Well this 60+ degree weather has me in the mood to plan a picnic!! So, May 25th, June 15th, or June 22nd. Which day works best for those that are interested? I don't think you can add a poll to the middle of a thread.

8. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Done
    Tell her it's more fun to do the research yourself, besides, breeds you've discounted may be the ones she falls in love with.
    Not that far from me...and if noone takes it by monday, I''ll grab it on Monday if you don't mind!
    Your eyes are shiny. Now you know why I actually wear my glasses around the babies.
    I keep planning to do that...may actually accomplish it, since I have my "get to know the big ones" coop inside the big coop, I can just move it out into the dog kennel.
    Done
    Awww...so ok...ya'll are evil and talked me into chicks again.....I went to Kniselys cause the website said they had Iowa Blues and ducklings today....no ducklings :( So I got 3 Iowa Blues and 2 Silver Grey Dorkings (just cause they have dork in their name!). They also didn't have oyster shell...so off to TSC...where I wound up with 3 week old New Hampshire Reds and 3 day old Buff Orpingtons and 2 pekin ducklings...came home and cleaned the brooder, put sand down and some shavings...and everyone's happily playing/sleeping/exploring.

9. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Wing, do you have any that are broody right now??? I may have to stop on my way back from my Mom's on Monday and grab one from you...my link to a bator fell through.

10. Ray from PA

Ray from PA Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a few Black Copper Marans chicks and started chicks that I'm will to part with...... PM me if interested.

Some are either very lightly featherd shanks or clean-legged,,,,, some can sexed fairly accurately.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by