Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Speaking of duck eggs, would anyone like some blue Swedish eggs to hatch? I'm not ready to start hatching ducks yet, so they're getting hard boiled and fed to the dogs & poultry.

I just need a day or so notice to keep my Pekin girls separate. I've only got Swedish males, so the Swedish girls are laying pure eggs.

2. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    I need a larger cabinet bator. 210 spaces are NOT enough by any means. I'd build one if the auto turners weren't so stinkin expensive.

3. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky

How much? :oops:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  4. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    I am SO so friggin happy right now!!!!
    Alright, so in the background of my Poultry obsession, I also have a more manageable obsession with creepy crawlies (It came from my mom. I grew up throwing uneaten food scraps in a jar full of hissing cockroaches my mom liked to keep in the kitchen. Classier than fish, apparently)
    I currently own 1 Sunglow Amelanistic Cornsnake, 1 Pinstripe Ball Python and 1 Honduras Curly-haired Tarantula.
    My python has always been a problem eater, and he's stayed small because of it. I've been really worried about him lately because he's been off food for almost 5 weeks. Well, he FINALLY ate tonight!!! Even if he would only take a little meal for me, I got something in him! Maybe his metabolism will perk back up soon...

5. galgo98

galgo98 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Lebanon, Pennsylvania
    Nope, but I'll keep an eye out for ya! [​IMG]

6. roseschickies

roseschickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    1 person likes this.
  7. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

8. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Hey Heather, you know I am we chatted!! Did you get that guy some chickens together yet?

He is coming up next Monday! J has vacation next week, I haven't looked at everybody yet. I will be able to squeak some out.

I have a pair of royal palms. My turkey is having romance with my goose! None of the hen turkey eggs a fertile yet. I might have to lock up the turkeys in a seperate area. I have a picture, I will have to get it on here. I also got one blue slate poult from Chiquechicks. Such a cutie, it might be the only poult I will have this year!

Reyvaughn's birds are just gorgeous! Lovely birds, thanks again!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  9. heatherscooby77

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Hi, if you want chickens that are laying right now, you probably can't be so specific with the breeds you are looking for. You could buy the peeps now, and you could have some laying eggs is fall? You could buy a couple of a different breed then the peeps you want. If you don't like the ones you buy for temporary, you could always resell them. Honestly, you will probably love whatever kind of chicken you get. [​IMG]

10. heatherscooby77

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Well first get some water soluble lube and a glove, I think you know the rest. You have to be very gentle. That is the fastest way to know. The other way is to soak her in warm water for about 20 minutes, that will relax her muscles. Then back to the lube and glove, if you don't feel anything protruding from her vent.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by