Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. SilkieSensation

SilkieSensation Overrun With Chickens

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    I just have the ad up for the ducks, but I also have assorted LF layers covered by an EE roo, OEGB, EE bantams & cochin mix bantams for eggs & about 200 chicks growing out of various breeds.

Might be interested in swapping for some.

2. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    Naw, he's a picky snake :lol:

3. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA

I would wait until the younger ones are a bit older before putting them together.

4. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA

I agree with Heather. My 4 yr old is autistic and my 9 yr old is border line on the spectrum and had ADHD. We LOVE the silkies for their temperament and mine are pretty good layers of a fairly decent sized egg. Thanks to Heather, we now have a Cochin addiction as well and we love their personalities, both bantam and LF. My bantam orps are a little too flighty for us.

5. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    oh How beautiful! Do you have images of your flock? I think Heather had gotten some! They are so gorgeous too! I would love to try some, PM me when you have the next batch.
    DH will kill be but I do have the big layer run I can keep another breed duck in right? HA!

6. cskotek

cskotek Chillin' With My Peeps

Ahh.. let me just rest my big belly on your little back...

7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I must admit I am so over the snake stage of my life! I was glad to see those critters all go in the end.

8. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    gotta go read,,,,86 post since I went for a nap and to work last night.......yepp.......Sally's back...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] She likes running with the Big Boys, LOL!

10. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    Yesterday morning I turned on the faucet outside (yeay!) and washed all the gross things that I refused to bring into my house over the winter (yeay!).
    I filled the big waterer without having to fight with filling a bucket inside, and hauling to the coop (yeay!). I shot cat poop across the yard (giggle) and off the sidewalk.
    I washed the car, and got the gravel out of the driveway (Gravel is dangerous to bikers!! YEAY!!!). Then my husband came home, and on our way to Altoona ([​IMG] Outback! Yeay!) he asked, "Would you be interested in an incubator?" [​IMG]
    Apparently the woman had used it once, fried her duck eggs, and put it in the closet. If he gets it, I will DEFINITELY be here asking a million questions (I think I know what I am doing, but the first time is gonna be scary![​IMG]).
    So, I had an awesome day yesterday (oh, and I bought a fishing net)!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by