Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Sorry i am back about 350 posts!! are these just duck eggs?
I just have the ad up for the ducks, but I also have assorted LF layers covered by an EE roo, OEGB, EE bantams & cochin mix bantams for eggs & about 200 chicks growing out of various breeds.

Speaking of duck eggs, would anyone like some blue Swedish eggs to hatch? I'm not ready to start hatching ducks yet, so they're getting hard boiled and fed to the dogs & poultry.

I just need a day or so notice to keep my Pekin girls separate. I've only got Swedish males, so the Swedish girls are laying pure eggs.
Might be interested in swapping for some.

The older ones will be 6 weeks and the wee ones are just over a week. Scared for the little ones! Not that the older ones are mean but I'm sure they will want to show authority! Thanks for the advice!

I would wait until the younger ones are a bit older before putting them together.

Josephrose, I also was wondering if you thought of bantams?  Bantam Cochin, and Silkies are really great with special needs kids.  My DD has Downs.  She is in 4-H and is doing very well with the Cochins.  The other kids are also very good to her :)  It just warms my heart!!!

I agree with Heather. My 4 yr old is autistic and my 9 yr old is border line on the spectrum and had ADHD. We LOVE the silkies for their temperament and mine are pretty good layers of a fairly decent sized egg. Thanks to Heather, we now have a Cochin addiction as well and we love their personalities, both bantam and LF. My bantam orps are a little too flighty for us.

Speaking of duck eggs, would anyone like some blue Swedish eggs to hatch? I'm not ready to start hatching ducks yet, so they're getting hard boiled and fed to the dogs & poultry.

I just need a day or so notice to keep my Pekin girls separate. I've only got Swedish males, so the Swedish girls are laying pure eggs.
oh How beautiful! Do you have images of your flock? I think Heather had gotten some! They are so gorgeous too! I would love to try some, PM me when you have the next batch.
DH will kill be but I do have the big layer run I can keep another breed duck in right? HA!

I am SO so friggin happy right now!!!!
Alright, so in the background of my Poultry obsession, I also have a more manageable obsession with creepy crawlies (It came from my mom. I grew up throwing uneaten food scraps in a jar full of hissing cockroaches my mom liked to keep in the kitchen. Classier than fish, apparently)
I currently own 1 Sunglow Amelanistic Cornsnake, 1 Pinstripe Ball Python and 1 Honduras Curly-haired Tarantula.
My python has always been a problem eater, and he's stayed small because of it. I've been really worried about him lately because he's been off food for almost 5 weeks. Well, he FINALLY ate tonight!!! Even if he would only take a little meal for me, I got something in him! Maybe his metabolism will perk back up soon...
I must admit I am so over the snake stage of my life! I was glad to see those critters all go in the end.
Quote: you will too! uggggg
Quote: AWESOME!! Glad he followed through, must really want them, that's the kinda guy you want comin!
Here is the evidence as promised!

ummmmm oh!
Quote: tell me about it

Here is the evidence as promised!

ep.gif
She likes running with the Big Boys, LOL!
Quote:
gig.gif
Bruce, I like your sense of humor. I really wish everyone could have been a part of your chicks funeral. DH laughed his butt off when I read it to him!
gotta go read,,,,86 post since I went for a nap and to work last night.......yepp.......Sally's back...

YUP! And for the record, I do believe that HAD to be the longest quote ever! It took me through lunch and dinner to read it, LOL!
big_smile.png

Yesterday morning I turned on the faucet outside (yeay!) and washed all the gross things that I refused to bring into my house over the winter (yeay!).
I filled the big waterer without having to fight with filling a bucket inside, and hauling to the coop (yeay!). I shot cat poop across the yard (giggle) and off the sidewalk.
I washed the car, and got the gravel out of the driveway (Gravel is dangerous to bikers!! YEAY!!!). Then my husband came home, and on our way to Altoona (
droolin.gif
Outback! Yeay!) he asked, "Would you be interested in an incubator?"
th.gif

Apparently the woman had used it once, fried her duck eggs, and put it in the closet. If he gets it, I will DEFINITELY be here asking a million questions (I think I know what I am doing, but the first time is gonna be scary!
hide.gif
).
So, I had an awesome day yesterday (oh, and I bought a fishing net)!!

Back
Top Bottom