Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

2. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    for husband[​IMG], hes a keeper, for incubator[​IMG]

3. wingstone

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    what you mean if he gets it,,,,to even mention it and not get it would be just cruel.......Happy Hatching!!!....will we need to do an intervention at your house in the future also...

4. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    Missy, you guys look awesome!

Woohoo!

So here is the intial setup of my coop/run area. First, the pre-picture of the area next to the pump house:

[​IMG]

Next the ground work and framing:

[​IMG]

This is the view from the Pump House - Coop area back across the pond:

[​IMG]

So next step is installation of the 6x6 A-Frame coop, covering half of the run with an A-Frame roof and covering the uncovered portion of the run with wire. Hopefully it is enough room for 8-10 chickens.

5. SilkieSensation

SilkieSensation Overrun With Chickens

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    x2 the older birds will trample the little ones. I'd wait about 2-3 weeks to let the little ones grow a bit.

Nice! I want the pond [​IMG]

6. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    The pond is nice, but it is a ton of work, which you wouldn't expect. I will take a few photos of the fish later today as they will be up feeding on the surface bugs. Most of the Koi are 20-25 years old.

EDIT: And a pond is a geese magnet and just 2 geese can turn 2.5 acres into a poopy mess in a short period of time. My Aussie chases the geese, but somehow he recognizes that the chickens don't need to be chased. Animals are smarter than we think.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  7. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sally, I shouldn't encouraged you, but this mini fridge or mini freezer uses the same parts as a cooler Bator. I use three turners, but could build racks on pivots with a hand Turner device amd easily fit more eggs. 10 dozen is enough ( too many). Water bottles in bottom to help stabilize temp, fan in top pointed up spaced with wine corks.
    The fridge was free. It had been through a flood and ruined. Door has large double pane plexiglass window from an old piece I found laying around.

[​IMG]

8. wingstone

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    SO>>>>>the regular size fridge that got dumped out behind the barn could be made into an awesome incubator......
    [​IMG]
    The wheels are a turning....
    [​IMG]

9. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    must be nice to be mechanical, thank goodmess husband is or i would be in deep water[​IMG]

10. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

And if it has a separate freezer compartment, it could be an incubator and hatcher for staggered hatches! Wait, your hubby knows me! Never mind.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by