Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Sounds like a great day! I was stuck at work, so trying to get things done today... all I got done so far was buying another 10 meaties for the brooder. Mindy is a happy pup again!
    Congrats on the incubator! Can't wait to see pics and hear details!
    Beautiful!!! awesome looking area for your feathered friends.... but only setting up for 8-10 is being pretty brave when you hang around this group!!! I hope you figured in room for your expansions and additions! (I see a duck house near that pond in your future! Maybe a couple of 'guard ducks' can discourage messy geese?
    Dogs are smarter than we give them credit for! Especially the farm/herding/hunting varieties!
    Super set up! and mini fridges are pretty easy to come by cheap!
    We'd be up for it! Don't know that we have a need for an incubator with all you willing hatchers around though! But would still be there in a minute!

2. motherhen71185

motherhen71185 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2012
    Southern York County, PA
    Any one willing to be the mentor for the build your own bator party?

3. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Now I'm thinking on how to turn a wine fridge left behind by a tenant into a hatcher. It already has a beautiful glass door. Like I have time for another project....

4. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

And a scrap plywood hopper type feeder from the leftovers from your Coop. I think it holds around 50#.
    [​IMG]

5. chiques chicks

Only if it doesn't work! Otherwise, it needs to be filled with wine!

It would work well, though.

6. chiques chicks

I could be talked in to it if I don't have to travel far and it is a weekend I don't work. I'm sure Sally would help, too.

7. SilkieSensation

SilkieSensation Overrun With Chickens

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    I'll locate part & even help build. Just need you to show me how. [​IMG]

X2

Is this the list for a regular fridge or a mini [​IMG]

Never found 1 for mine either...

I'm in!!!

I'll swap ya chicks/eggs for it [​IMG]

I need 1 of those...wait, never mind, won't work with fermented feed [​IMG]

8. chiques chicks

That should work for almost any insulated box that can have holes drilled in it.

9. SilkieSensation

SilkieSensation Overrun With Chickens

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    In that case, I have an old kitchen cupboard sitting in the basement I could line with insulation...

10. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm coming, not sure if I'll be building a bator, but I'm coming! DH is building me a cabinet bator ....still. Seriously, you live 30 min. from me!

We've picked up 2 different thermostats, and they're wrong. It was only holding, or whatever within 3 degrees. Down to 99 up to 101, shut off, down to 99 turn back on etc. Today DH bought a digital one. I really hope he gets it right this time. He won't read anything, and I don't have a clue![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by