Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

What If the Power Goes Off?
    To understand more about embryo viability & temperatures
    Please refer to the following links….

Some other ideas to help maintain heat in your incubator and great when you turn by hand is by adding some sterilized rocks,

or even several sealed jars with warm water or small ziplock baggies with warm water to fill the empty incubator spaces.

A full incubator of eggs always helps maintain a steady temperature even if it’s not good for your chicken math!

CHAD has to be over 6 foot! My oldest, Talyn is 6' 1 and Chad seems to be much taller!
    HA! awesome!!! go call duckies!!

2. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Quiet here today. Guess everyone is out getting things done in the nice weather. I should. Probably won't.

3. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    nope ! working inside today, to hot outside [​IMG] since I have not got around to ......let's just say I need a weed whacker..........I really can not go out in public with shorts on yet.......

yea, I know ......to much info..........but atleast you are aware of what i am doing if I disappear for awhile....might take days...

4. chiques chicks

I wasn't aware we were to get really bad storms. Do I really need to fuel my generator? Hate to lose the three bags of veggies in my freezer, not to mention my eggs! I have enough water stored to keep me for a few days, and charcoal and gas to fuel the grills, lol.
    Not that we ever lose power for very long.
    I have two gallons of water in my incubator, so heat loss should be slow and minimal. Actually thinking of hooking up a timer so it turns off for 15 minutes to a half hour a day to mimic a broody leaving to eat and such.

5. chiques chicks

I see the problem. Out at the farm you have so many close neighbors!

6. galgo98

galgo98 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Lebanon, Pennsylvania

[​IMG][​IMG]

Good thing you're not 10' tall with a 6' inseam!!!

7. eweaber

eweaber Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2012
    Lebanon PA
    I have had 2 traps out with the dead birds in them and have caught nothing. I am going to have to get rid of the dead birds soon before they smell too bad. I will probably re-bait with something else when I do that. Anyone with suggestions of good bait that doesn't stink too bad?

8. cskotek

cskotek Chillin' With My Peeps

Lol. I am 5' >.< When I go to the york show I will be wearing my Police K9 Shirt... says on my back in big white letters Police K9 ahhaa. I will make up some sorta tag with my name to put on my shirt also xD!

And my Fiance is 6'3 LOL!

Also who is "chad"?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  9. galgo98

galgo98 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Lebanon, Pennsylvania
    I am curious about this BYC name tag.... Is it homemade??

10. cskotek

cskotek Chillin' With My Peeps

I wanted my Fiance to go take it... but he has work -.-

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by