Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

wyandotte86 - Do you know of any poulty sales, shows, fairs, auctions, or clubs in North East PA?
fl.gif

Jenne

winters Witch! What beautiful healthy looking birds! And an awesome coop! Good job.
Momma 2my4: as cute as they are, the last thing I need is a bunny. I've got a bunch living IN my vegetable garden right now, I caught one today, contemplated taking it to the Dragon Friday night to see what it would do -probably bite Keith! I wonder if people ever do bring wld rabbits to auction.
I really hope we can go this Friday.

Believe it or not, we do occasionally get wild bunnies. Since it is illegal to sell them, we either contact the person that brought them in, or, if we can't find the person, we take them home and release them the following day. Luckily, this doesn't happen very often at all. It's amazing what some people will try to sell, whether they are intentionally trying to be deceitful, or they just didn't know.

Hope you can make it this Friday, Blarney!

Ray from PA...I'm looking forward to hearing how that pair of Guineas are doing. Hope they didn't escape from you like they almost did when I boxed them, haha.

CynazarGoldens...yes, Renninger's is an option. As far as shows in NE PA, there really aren't any. I think their may be one (or used to be one) in Susquehanna County. The closest show to you is probably in Augusta, NJ at the NJ State Fairgrounds. I think their Spring show was last Saturday or this coming Saturday. It's a nice show run by the Sussex County Poultry Fanciers.

I've been thinking about going to the auction at Belknap. That's the only one close to me. I'm really thinking I shouldn't though becasue we already practically run a zoo here and I could just see myself coming home with pigs, goats, etc. The neighbors would really love me then
wink.png
. But I have been really wanting a cute lil pygmy goat for years. I'm going to be getting rid of the chicks I got with momma at the chicken swap a couple weekends ago. We decided to get more silkies so these lil guys have to go. I'd like to get rid of momma too (even though she's gotten 100% nicer since we took her away from the chicks) but my husband is voting to keep her. We'll see...
hu.gif

Hello everyone!!!

I was wondering how many are NPIP certified? I was when I lived in NC, but there I did not have to fill out an application and get inspected. Plus they also called me back the same day and had an appt the following week. The Dept. of Agriculture here in PA - took over 2 months of me calling almost daily to finally speak to someone. Today was that day!!!
wee.gif
I spoke with the DVM, but she could not explain to me what they inspect and how much it cost???
he.gif

After I fill out the application - how long till I get an appt?? I know every state is different, but it made me upset cause I wanted to show some in the Butler Fair. The fair states it has to be done 30 days prior? I have shown in other fairs and they were able to test there. I know people that have shown at the Ohio National, and they also could test there. Is this state wide for PA to have them tested 30 days prior, or just certain vendors?

Right now I rent, but I'm hoping to buy a house by the end of the year. I was just thinking of not showing this year and after I move then become NPIP.
Thank you for any information!! I will be greatly appreciated.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom