Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    I wish there was something up her in Centre County!
  2. wyandotte86

wyandotte86 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2010
    Berks Co., PA

You have the Belleville auction on Wednesday nights, right?? Maybe that's more Mifflin Co., I'm not sure. I always considered going there when I was at Penn State...just to satisfy my animal auction craving, haha.
  3. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Oh I will have to look that up! Thanks!
  4. Winters Witch

Winters Witch Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2012
    Belfast, Pa
    Hi everyone, I thought I'd give you an update. All 5 of my gals made the trip back home from VA just fine! They'reHISchickens & Heatherscooby I took your advice! Darkness & no water in their crates. I am in the process of making them cozy in their coop. My bigger girls are picking on my baby EE's, they got territorial over the feeders and pecked at the babies. So I split the coop, and I hope roosting together helps. So last night, being so proud of my construction, the Dellies flew the coop! [​IMG]There I am running around and around the coop, when I had to call in the heavy artillery, MY SHELTIE. He herded them towards the house where I was able to pounce on them! Since its been storming I hope to have the permanent run finished by this weekend!!!

The Ladies Foraging

Another View of the Temporary run.
  5. Ray from PA

Ray from PA Chillin' With My Peeps

A big thanks to everyone for the info on Southern States feeds and where to get them !
  6. Ray from PA

Ray from PA Chillin' With My Peeps

Looking forward to the Friday evening auction at Green Dragon !

No work Saturday for a change so I can really enjoy the night ! [​IMG]
  7. charmedbychickens

charmedbychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Picked up the Southern States feed today at Agway. The guy there said they have no animal byproducts and marigold in it so the yolk looks really good. He was telling me about Agway's new line that has the Hearty Hen Layer- soy free, with flax and marigold for omega 3. I might want to try that one out next.
  8. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Loving the feed! Glad you guys were able to find it in your area! Anything is better than DuMor. I lost several chicks this year (I'm certain) because of it. Such a shame. Really glad my breeders are doing so well on it.
  9. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    winters Witch! What beautiful healthy looking birds! And an awesome coop! Good job.

Momma 2my4: as cute as they are, the last thing I need is a bunny. I've got a bunch living IN my vegetable garden right now, I caught one today, contemplated taking it to the Dragon Friday night to see what it would do -probably bite Keith! I wonder if people ever do bring wld rabbits to auction.

I really hope we can go this Friday.
  10. Kaitie09

Kaitie09 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    South Central, PA

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by