Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    Sally, I may need some eggs or chicks....
    those 2 serama roosters I have that I have been trying to unload, hubby says they are staying,,,he named them.....I think they are annoying, their crow sounds like a screech.....well I only have 1 hen to these 2 boys,,,,and we all know that ain't gonna work.......

2. wingstone

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    ok but they are just little eggs right now, holy crap they lay fast just like quail don't they! awesome!

I only have a Frizzle roo over the straight hens right now though!
    this is him.... you cant really see his coloring but he is all shades of rust and brown. I am going to replace him with a roo from Bhep, I have a younger one that is even cuter! and this guy bit DH when he grabbed him so DH said I need to get rid of him. Because of them being Harmonys birds. I told him he is only mean to him because he don't know him, lol didn't work : (

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

5. wingstone

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    I lost it in all the pages....
    To the person with the wild pheasant,,,,,,,,careful,,,they might be pretty to look at, but any wild animal could be carriers of disease...........
    I like to watch birds in general, but I also discourage nest building anywhere near my pens..

6. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Good Morning All!! [​IMG]
    Oh, that IS sad[​IMG]. I'm so glad the weather broke and I got to unplug the heatlamps I had outside. Those things worried me all winter!
    That's what I charged. $20 for the better quality pairs, and $15 for lesser quality. Solo Roos- $5.[​IMG] (But I wouldn't charge that for a solo Frizzle)[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    How much do you think running 2- 250's heat lamps cost a month? anyone ever figure it out?

8. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds &amp; Bees

AWESOME!!!

9. roseschickies

roseschickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    I posted this on FB, but will also put here! I have 12 eggs in the bator, and Last night, I candled all the eggs! My Roommate and Son and Ex all there standing over my should pointing at the eggs going OMG! That is awesome!!! LOL And it looks like I have 2 that are No good, I left them in since I am not 100% sure, I also took notes on every egg!

This is going so much better than I thought! 1st time trying to hatch! So excited to see how the rest of the process goes! I am a little nervous though, since it got hot out, the temperature in the house changed, and I am trying to get the bator temperature back to a steady temp..[​IMG]

10. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Lord, I almost don't want to know the answer to that. I've had 3 running non-stop since....October![​IMG] If you all tell me the answer, I AM NOT TELLING DH!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by