Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. motherhen71185

motherhen71185 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2012
    Southern York County, PA
    Our neighbor and farmer who farms our fields had his brand new chicken barns (2 of them) burn to the ground last night. They were supposed to get chickens in two weeks. Thank good there were no birds in them, but still sad. :(

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    oh No Lighting struck I assume? aren't those new barns made out of alum? awwwww

3. motherhen71185

motherhen71185 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2012
    Southern York County, PA
    No this was bfore the storms. There were 2 other brush fires last evening too. They are not sure what started the barn fire though.

4. SilkieSensation

SilkieSensation Overrun With Chickens

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    How far are you from Wheeling & which direction

Sounds like someone messed up on wiring the new barns.

5. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    I have a wild pheasant roaming around out by the coops. I wonder if he will hurt my chickens if I let them out.....

[​IMG]

6. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Chad is another hour east of me. I looked...the half way point for you and I would be Bedford, I believe, it's about 2 hours for each of us. I could possibly be persuaded to do it on a weekday...if enough people want chicks/eggs to make the trip worth it. I will most likely have my 2 yo grandson with me....and don't get him till 9 am so noon would probably be the best time to plan to meet.

7. cskotek

cskotek Chillin' With My Peeps

Thats depressing :/ Hopefully they can get the ability to rebuild :D

8. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

9. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Anyone want a loud blue cochin rooster, he is terrible crowing right now! WTH! DH says chopping block, not sure if he means it or not!

10. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I am going through all our serama chicks this weekend, I will be selling the extras as pairs/trios if possible.

We are getting our first eggs from the first batch! YAY!
    Cute lil things too!

If anyone is interested please shoot a PM so I know who is interested, birds come from Crazypetlady, Bhep, and a few from Ed.
    I am thinking $15-$20 a pair depending on the pair. Get more and get a deal, you know the drill!
    ages = 1 month, 2 mo, 3 mo, possible 4, not sure on them yet!
    I may even have Frizzle roos as I only need one! But no hens to sell!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by