Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Is any one interested in cream leg bar chicks? Green fire farms line. Might have some extra's.

I might be...if you promise not to tell DH!

Chicks are 6 weeks old. Can I put them in the coop now? Please?!?! Lol

I would...but then, I'm evil...I kicked a bunch of mine out at 4 weeks old last year.

I like Kiomey's plan for people who are going but not showing, arrive at 11, meander around, chat up yer BYC peeps, grab some lunch, bid on some silent auction items, hear about a bird whose breed you have been considering, and somehow missed seeing yourself, walk back to look this bird over, and discover the judges are still in that aisle and it's blocked off. Walk into the next aisle to see a different bird and step right in the way of a different judge.

Check out champion row, check out the sale birds, convince yourself you really DO need another trio. Watch Blarney walk away with scads of silent auction items. Drive home wishing you bought those call ducks that were only $15/pair. The end.

Oh, and it will be loud and smell of shavings and bird poo.....it's awesome.

Ok...next question...is there an entrance fee? If we are heading back from Nolde early enough, I may try to convince DH to go.

Almost 10 pages!! Why!!!! Lol!!!  Lots of reading...

Cause we like to talk?

It's 2.5 hours away. When does it start? Is it worth it? April isn't going, so I wouldn't really know anyone, lol.

Of course you would...all the people with BYC nametags.

Ok for those of you semi-close to me....which is really noone...but anyway. Went in to the Agway in Carlisle today....they have what appear to be 1-2 week old New Hampshire Reds and I swear Wyandottes of some sort (only the NH's are labeled for $3.15. Buy one get one free...so that's $1.57 per bird!

It's 2.5 hours away. When does it start? Is it worth it? April isn't going, so I wouldn't really know anyone, lol.

What do you mean you won't know anyone....? What about all us? I FEEL like I know you all.

It's a tad shy of a 2 hr drive for me, and my kids are older and will be interested in the show, so probably not as much of a burden for me. Also, I don't know how many birds are going to be in the show, some shows have a disappointing turn out, and it stinks to take on a long drive and none of the breed you are interested in are there. But it's a super place to network, some of the breeders are kind, and enthusiastic about their breed, when u get to meet someone like this, gain their knowledge and possibly get a good breeder bird from them, it is totally worth the drive.

I'm guessing they're larger than the Grange Fair show, but it's hard with little ones. I could leave them with G, but then I'd be bored sinless for the 5.5 hours in the car. Even short 1 hour drives seem boring without kids to drive you crazy, lol. *sigh* I suppose I'll see how I feel that morning.

Missy, I doubt there will be a fee.

Betta, I ordered a book on tape especially for this drive. I hope the library calls by tomorrow.

Thanks for the info in the duck eggs, Wing, Eli and Silkiesensation, I put them right in the incubator. Moved the broody to a different brood box by herself, she ate, then sat most of the day...I was walking the duck eggs back out to her and my Great Pyr scared her off the nest. So...maybe tomorrow.

Last edited:
Missy, I doubt there will be a fee.

Betta, I ordered a book on tape especially for this drive. I hope the library calls by tomorrow.

Thanks for the info in the duck eggs, Wing, Eli and Silkiesensation, I put them right in the incubator. Moved the broody to a different brood box by herself, she ate, then sat most of the day...I was walking the duck eggs back out to her and my Great Pyr scared her off the nest. So...maybe tomorrow.
Good luck with the eggs!

I am considering going to the swap meet at TSC in Indiana this weekend. I think it's 7-11am & just over 2 hours from me (which means I'd be leaving home around 4am
roll.png
). If any of you would be interested in meeting me there to get your birds let me know ASAP (includes you Missy...lol) so I can decide if I really want to get up that early or not. I want to make sure the trip is going to be worth making & how many birds I should try to stuff into my car for a 4 1/2 hour round trip with 5 hours of unloading, standing around & reloading in between. I REALLY don't want to drag very many birds back home with me...LOL

Good luck with the eggs! I am considering going to the swap meet at TSC in Indiana this weekend. I think it's 7-11am & just over 2 hours from me (which means I'd be leaving home around 4am
roll.png
). If any of you would be interested in meeting me there to get your birds let me know ASAP (includes you Missy...lol) so I can decide if I really want to get up that early or not. I want to make sure the trip is going to be worth making & how many birds I should try to stuff into my car for a 4 1/2 hour round trip with 5 hours of unloading, standing around & reloading in between. I REALLY don't want to drag very many birds back home with me...LOL
I'm headed the other direction this weekend...and weekends don't really work for me anyway...don't get much time with DH during the week...so we pack out weekends full of...well...everything!

Hello all. I have 6 RIR's that are currently 2 weeks old. I am in the process of building a coop for them. I put together a 4x4 frame but am now wondering if that will be big enough. They will have a decent sized run plus free range time. What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom