Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

OK I have to run to agway any way this evening, before I go I will give her a good look over, anything you can recommend I pick up for her? I thought she was just depressed and would start laying again, but thinking it is just to long now... I am not sure the other was sick.. I did take them to the vet when she was sick I medicated them both just in case and everyone seemed better, She (Oriencia, the one that passed) laid what looked to me her biggest egg, and died, that morning not long after egg laying, She looked fine that morning...

and how do i check for her being egg bound? Oh man.. what am I gonna have to do!!!
hmm.png

Oh I also put ACV in their water

Great video!!!
http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-help-an-egg-bound-bird
You found 1 link on egg bound hens. I would just search here. I had 1 girl I thought was egg bound so gave her extra calcium & lubed her rear with a syringe full of veggie oil. She worked it out herself within a week or so.

Chicks are 6 weeks old. Can I put them in the coop now? Please?!?! Lol
do you have any way to safely put a heat lamp in on cold nights? (the next few nights could be chilly for them) I have had the light off on my 4 weeks old in the coop for the last couple days, but they are with some 6-7 weeks old as well. They have all be fine. I just put the light on if get's below 60.

Last edited:
I put mine out pretty early. I lost some leghorn chicks though because of the age difference between them and the seramas, marans and turkeys though. Tonight I'll finally be kicking out some 4 week old poults and chicks. I've been so slow on getting the second set of cages up, but they're going up today finally. Not a moment too soon either... The dust is AWFUL! I swear it builds up an inch per day!

Quote:
DH called to tell me about the incubator. She can't remember if it is still air or circulated air.
If it is a still air, do I do anything different, or does it just not keep temperature as well?
I should have used complete thoughts there. The woman he is getting the bator from...
Is any one interested in cream leg bar chicks? Green fire farms line. Might have some extra's.
I would love some.
Quote: For an egg bound hen, place her in a warm bath. Sometimes you have to do it a few times. Don't drown her!

Getting ready for York show today! hopefully I don't get struck by lightning! I can't wait to see some of you guys there! :weee

whoot! I'll hopefully be stopping in bout 11 ^^ that way I have plenty of time to wander, chat, eat lunch, and meet people! :D I think I should make a 'byc' tag and tape to my back xD
Have a lovely Friday all!

For those of us who have never gone to/sat through a show....what exactly happens??

I like Kiomey's plan for people who are going but not showing, arrive at 11, meander around, chat up yer BYC peeps, grab some lunch, bid on some silent auction items, hear about a bird whose breed you have been considering, and somehow missed seeing yourself, walk back to look this bird over, and discover the judges are still in that aisle and it's blocked off. Walk into the next aisle to see a different bird and step right in the way of a different judge.

Check out champion row, check out the sale birds, convince yourself you really DO need another trio. Watch Blarney walk away with scads of silent auction items. Drive home wishing you bought those call ducks that were only $15/pair. The end.

Oh, and it will be loud and smell of shavings and bird poo.....it's awesome.

Back
Top Bottom