Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. roseschickies

roseschickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    Well my electric bill now makes sense!! Glad I don't need these on for right now! Whats it cost to run the bator!?

2. roseschickies

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    I will ask here also.. Is it normal for a Hen to stop laying when another has passed away? It has been a good month since Orencia passed, and ever since then, no eggs from my girl Tully, I was thinking of putting her in a large dog crate and see if she lays, maybe they are getting eaten? Her back feathers are all messed up looking, maybe from the Rooster having a good time, but no sign of any eggs from her?! I am getting worried, I have looked all over and moved all the straw around to see if she is hiding them, and nothing, not even any shell to say they are being eaten... What is everyone's thoughts on this??? I am getting concerned, she also looks kinda thin?

3. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Depends on wattage and how much time it is actually on. I think the Styrofoam ones are 40 Watt and probably on less than half the time.

40/2=20 on half the time
    20*24=480 watts per day
    480*30=14400. Days in month
    14400/1000=14.4 convert to kwh
    14.4* .13/kwh= less than $2 a month?

I must have done that wrong!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  4. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    daily whatchamacallits....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    Getting ready for York show today! hopefully I don't get struck by lightning! I can't wait to see some of you guys there! [​IMG]

6. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    lol Wing.

7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    she isn't molting is she?

8. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

9. roseschickies

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    Well she is coming up to a year old now, How often to they molt and how long does a molt tend to last?

10. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    I need that last glass!
    Speaking of molting....so most of my girls are just about a year old now. Right before Easter when we had that cold snap, they dropped from 8-14 eggs per day down to 4. That only lasted a few days and they returned to their normal 8-14. Now that the weather is gorgeous, and their out and about I'm noticing alot of fluffy feathers flying about the yard. I'm also down to 5 eggs per day. The last 3 days I've gotten exactly 5 eggs each day...are they molting? I'm cool with that being the answer, I'll let them molt...but just don't want to chalk it up to that...and something else be wrong.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by