Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Been there done that. Website is on my profile
big_smile.png

Yeah I'm past Missy.
My schedule is going to be changing starting May 1. So if need be I can do more running...
I don't know what your looking for.
I'm not right in the head...it's all left
You figure you are running a kWh in 2 hrs just with those 2 lamps running. So 12 kWh in a day. 360 KWh in a month on two lamps. So one lamp at 250W creates 1kWh in 4 hours.

1 250W bulb
0.45 per day
$12.60 / month

2= $25.20/ month
3=$37.80/month

To keep chooks warm

So Gmama 3 lamps running since October = $226.80
Well my electric bill now makes sense!! Glad I don't need these on for right now! Whats it cost to run the bator!?

I will ask here also.. Is it normal for a Hen to stop laying when another has passed away? It has been a good month since Orencia passed, and ever since then, no eggs from my girl Tully, I was thinking of putting her in a large dog crate and see if she lays, maybe they are getting eaten? Her back feathers are all messed up looking, maybe from the Rooster having a good time, but no sign of any eggs from her?! I am getting worried, I have looked all over and moved all the straw around to see if she is hiding them, and nothing, not even any shell to say they are being eaten... What is everyone's thoughts on this??? I am getting concerned, she also looks kinda thin?

Well my electric bill now makes sense!! Glad I don't need these on for right now! Whats it cost to run the bator!? 

Depends on wattage and how much time it is actually on. I think the Styrofoam ones are 40 Watt and probably on less than half the time.

40/2=20 on half the time
20*24=480 watts per day
480*30=14400. Days in month
14400/1000=14.4 convert to kwh
14.4* .13/kwh= less than $2 a month?

I must have done that wrong!

Last edited:
I will ask here also.. Is it normal for a Hen to stop laying when another has passed away? It has been a good month since Orencia passed, and ever since then, no eggs from my girl Tully, I was thinking of putting her in a large dog crate and see if she lays, maybe they are getting eaten? Her back feathers are all messed up looking, maybe from the Rooster having a good time, but no sign of any eggs from her?! I am getting worried, I have looked all over and moved all the straw around to see if she is hiding them, and nothing, not even any shell to say they are being eaten... What is everyone's thoughts on this??? I am getting concerned, she also looks kinda thin?
she isn't molting is she?

daily whatchamacallits....
I need that last glass!
she isn't molting is she?
Speaking of molting....so most of my girls are just about a year old now. Right before Easter when we had that cold snap, they dropped from 8-14 eggs per day down to 4. That only lasted a few days and they returned to their normal 8-14. Now that the weather is gorgeous, and their out and about I'm noticing alot of fluffy feathers flying about the yard. I'm also down to 5 eggs per day. The last 3 days I've gotten exactly 5 eggs each day...are they molting? I'm cool with that being the answer, I'll let them molt...but just don't want to chalk it up to that...and something else be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom