Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I hope your talking about chicken math if not than that is

ep.gif

Doh. Didn't see that hidden meaning. Excuse me while I spend the night in the barn .... hiding from embarassment.

Missy glad to hear its clearing up!

I have been getting mirgraines like CRAZY! Had to see a neurologist about them.. so its been diffrent meds for me! They don't know what they are doing -.- I was getting them every other day.. and now its like once every other week but still its frustrating with work -.- lol

I am doing the biggest happy dance ever! I am so glad to say that our coop and run are finally done!!!! Moved the big girls outside. Hoping I don't wake up to chick-cicles tomorrow. Made it as draft free as possible and put lots of bedding down. Fingers crossed it all goes well!!

I am doing the biggest happy dance ever! I am so glad to say that our coop and run are finally done!!!! Moved the big girls outside. Hoping I don't wake up to chick-cicles tomorrow. Made it as draft free as possible and put lots of bedding down. Fingers crossed it all goes well!!
My "big babies" have been outside for a week now. I did an 8x4 coop with 8x15 run & mine have been fine. Not a single loss. No electric way out there so no heat lamps. They range in age from 5-10 weeks so were 4-9 weeks when they went out. I probably have quite a few more out there than you do & 20+ of them are big fat meaties, but I did the same thing last year & only put out 4-10 at a time & they did fine. I tossed out somewhere between 70 & 100 this time. (Yes, I now that's too many for my coop, but they are still small & most are for sale or will be butchered in a few weeks so by the time they grow out & need the space there will be plenty of room.) They spend most of their day out in the run scrounging in the dirt for the feed we throw down to keep the broilers up & moving so they don't just sit next to the bowl & gorge themselves all day. It also helps spread them out during feeding so everyone gets a chance at the food. They are such pigs!!!

My "big babies" have been outside for a week now. I did an 8x4 coop with 8x15 run & mine have been fine. Not a single loss. No electric way out there so no heat lamps. They range in age from 5-10 weeks so were 4-9 weeks when they went out. I probably have quite a few more out there than you do & 20+ of them are big fat meaties, but I did the same thing last year & only put out 4-10 at a time & they did fine. I tossed out somewhere between 70 & 100 this time. (Yes, I now that's too many for my coop, but they are still small & most are for sale or will be butchered in a few weeks so by the time they grow out & need the space there will be plenty of room.) They spend most of their day out in the run scrounging in the dirt for the feed we throw down to keep the broilers up & moving so they don't just sit next to the bowl & gorge themselves all day. It also helps spread them out during feeding so everyone gets a chance at the food. They are such pigs!!!

We have a 4x6 coop and a 13x16 run. The girls are 6weeks old and there are only 4 out there. Lol!

What a busy week! I attended PSU's poultry tech class Wednesday, picked up 20 Cornish Rocks chicks to replenish the freezer, put 8 fertile Holland eggs under my broody Australorp, then spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday being certified to run Cub Scout day camps nationwide...I am happily exhausted. How was your week?

me too, only blood pressure flucuates instead of sugar..........you are lucky Missy, wish you didn'get them at all, but atleast it is only occasionally....

I lived for over a month 2 years ago with one continuous migraine. I had to go to work every day, like nothing was wrong. When I quit that job, my migraines went away. I've always been lucky in that I'm too stubborn to let my migraines stop my life. My kid sister used to get them so bad that she'd literally be paralyzed. I took her to the ER so often they labeled her as drug seeking until I finally found a neurologist who told her they were migraines. It was a little hard to swallow, since I'd been functioning with them since I was a teen, but as soon as they started treating her for them, there was a marked improvement.

Back
Top Bottom