Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Quote: makes a big difference when you know what is causing them, I only get them when my blood pressure drops to low then jumps back up...
I am doing the biggest happy dance ever! I am so glad to say that our coop and run are finally done!!!! Moved the big girls outside. Hoping I don't wake up to chick-cicles tomorrow. Made it as draft free as possible and put lots of bedding down. Fingers crossed it all goes well!!
If it makes you feel any better i have 2 week old chicks outside with just a small light....
Quote: That's okay, you do not need to hide in the barn, we will except you as you are...

What a busy week! I attended PSU's poultry tech class Wednesday, picked up 20 Cornish Rocks chicks to replenish the freezer, put 8 fertile Holland eggs under my broody Australorp, then spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday being certified to run Cub Scout day camps nationwide...I am happily exhausted. How was your week?
Wow! Good job, I am working on a new 'grow out' pen.
I hope your talking about chicken math if not than that is
I was thinking the same thing!!
Missy glad to hear its clearing up! I have been getting mirgraines like CRAZY! Had to see a neurologist about them.. so its been diffrent meds for me! They don't know what they are doing -.- I was getting them every other day.. and now its like once every other week but still its frustrating with work -.- lol
One word for you, Relpax. It's expensive, but less expensive than going to the ER. If you've not tried Imitrex yet, I would recommend that first. The Triptans don't work for everyone, but for those who they do help, they are a godsend. Oops, almost forgot my disclaimer, 'I'm not a real doctor' I just play one in my kitchen.
I am doing the biggest happy dance ever! I am so glad to say that our coop and run are finally done!!!! Moved the big girls outside. Hoping I don't wake up to chick-cicles tomorrow. Made it as draft free as possible and put lots of bedding down. Fingers crossed it all goes well!!
Pics or it didn't happen.

Last edited:
Argh!!!! My neighbor is at it AGAIN!
he.gif

Has any one here ever have to fight their local Township to keep their animals?? I seriously can NOT take his antics anymore!!!!! I need some advice on what I should do next with keeping my ducks and not having to live with my neighbor doing what ever he pleases!!. He went shooting the geese (wild Canadian!!!) and chasing them with a metal rake! I need to get my ducks definitely allowed where I am so I can finally report him for all the illegal things he is doing! I am starting to suffer from extreme stress because of his BS! Can anyone help me !!

Argh!!!! My neighbor is at it AGAIN!
he.gif

Has any one here ever have to fight their local Township to keep their animals?? I seriously can NOT take his antics anymore!!!!! I need some advice on what I should do next with keeping my ducks and not having to live with my neighbor doing what ever he pleases!!. He went shooting the geese (wild Canadian!!!) and chasing them with a metal rake! I need to get my ducks definitely allowed where I am so I can finally report him for all the illegal things he is doing! I am starting to suffer from extreme stress because of his BS! Can anyone help me !!
oh NO! I am so sorry!! I know that feeling it weighs you down and awwww I am sorry!

It's amazing how busy everyone's lives are when u read these threads. Common theme in here is that we all need something to keep us busy....we find things to keep us busy! My neighbor saw my 2 mallards yesterday and there he was out back today putting up a fence and coop for his own ducklings he got at TSC in the morning! I need to expand my coop...next project after plantings go in and bar gets halfway built!

Last edited:
Greetings from Lackawanna County- I sell brown eggs to pay my feed costs- a few peafowl (raised 5 chicks last years), less than 40 chickens (not by much though), and, as of yesterday two goats. As of today - the numbers remain the same other than the goats- Daisy kidded last night- so now there are three goats (though one is a wee bit smaller than the other two.) had my birthing supplies all ready, was checking on her diligently even though it wasn't quite time yet according to my math (ah, a PSU education put to waste again). I finished an area to seperate her to give birth but hadn't even moved her into it yet. So I go up to feed them and I look at Buddy- his rumin's a bit empty- I then look at Daisy and the same- so I'm thinking I didn't feed them enough yesterday and am thinking in my head about what they ate yesterday as I go out in the hen yard and put feed in all the feeders. I turn around and standing alone outside against the side of the barn is a beautiful little kid. I scoop him up and take him inside and wrap him in blankets and deposit him on our 10 year olds lap to keep warm- seems pretty good though and settles in. I got momma settled into her own space and we brought the new addition to her- she smelled him up head to toe and settled in a short time later I watched him nursing and left them to settle in. Leading up to this I was so worried about a difficult pregnancy, helping the kid get colosterum if it wouldn't nurse right away, getting mom to bond with her kid, etc, BUT based on the condition of the little buckling I think she birthed fine, bonded fine, nursed fine, and cared for and protected the little fella fine- nice to meet you all- I've met a few BYC folks from PA and NJ- here and there over the years- all pretty decent folks. Regards, Keystonepaul

Back
Top Bottom