Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I HAVE A MAJOR ORDEAL TODAY! and of course the Day DH takes off work and is home to witness it!!
hit.gif

Our Ancona Drake, Clem is trying to kill the brahma roosters in the run!
The one rooster is ripped top of wattle down about 4 inches long! we put veterycin on it and gave him some antibiotics but DH don't care, the ducks have to go.
I locked him alone in the duck house for now, DH heard the commotion and came running and said I need to get rid of the ducks or he will get rid of them.
OMG the drake was physco and I couldn't even stop him! He flipped physco I swear! Is this normal or what!! I am so upset I have 17 eggs in the bator too!

I don't need this crap after I called the processing guy and dealing with setting all that chicken sheat up!
hy cant everyone even ducks and chickens get along!

3 d'anver out and doing well, 1 more still in hatcher wet and sticky....the 2 eggs left, 1 is the wrong end pipper, I think it hit a blood vessel, and the other egg is not doing anything......but 4 out of 6 on shipped eggs is still good..... SO WHO IS CLAIMING THESE LITTLE GUYS>>>>>>
Don't tempt me! DH said NO MORE (except of course the ones I'm keeping for you)
All my worry for nothing! The girls did great last night. No chicken-cicles this morning! Yay!!!
See...they're tougher than you think!
I HAVE A MAJOR ORDEAL TODAY! and of course the Day DH takes off work and is home to witness it!! :hit Our Ancona Drake, Clem is trying to kill the brahma roosters in the run! The one rooster is ripped top of wattle down about 4 inches long! we put veterycin on it and gave him some antibiotics but DH don't care, the ducks have to go. I locked him alone in the duck house for now, DH heard the commotion and came running and said I need to get rid of the ducks or he will get rid of them. OMG the drake was physco and I couldn't even stop him! He flipped physco I swear! Is this normal or what!! I am so upset I have 17 eggs in the bator too! I don't need this crap after I called the processing guy and dealing with setting all that chicken sheat up! hy cant everyone even ducks and chickens get along!
Oh no, Sally, I'm so sorry! I don't know why they can't get along. Mine get along fine....most of the time.
How much would a Trio of ancona go for and should I even sell the drake!! The dirty RAT!
I don't know on price, but if you do sell them as a trio, just do fair warning on him.

This bunch of chicks/ducklings that I have in the brooder is NOISY!!!! They're constantly chattering to one another. I can hear them through the vents. With every other batch, that meant they needed water/feed, or the light moved....not this bunch. They just want to talk. I've checked dozens of times. Plenty of food/water. Not too hot (not spread all over) Not too cold (not huddled). How do those of you who have them in your living space deal with it???:rolleyes:

This bunch of chicks/ducklings that I have in the brooder is NOISY!!!! They're constantly chattering to one another. I can hear them through the vents. With every other batch, that meant they needed water/feed, or the light moved....not this bunch. They just want to talk. I've checked dozens of times. Plenty of food/water. Not too hot (not spread all over) Not too cold (not huddled). How do those of you who have them in your living space deal with it???:rolleyes:

Most of the time it's the only company I have. I find it relaxing. (currently about 40 quail and 8 chicks beside me). Who needs a television?

Ok so i need input! I have a broody who I don't think was able to keep her eggs alive! They were supposed to hatch out on Wednesday and nothing so far! What do I do to get her to stop being broody?? I am at a loss I know she can't sit for another 3 weeks on new eggs! Hope someone has some advice!!

Also who had the easy way to do fermented feed?? I think I want to try it but don't want to do the long process?
Beta had the easy way. I BELIEVE it was sprinkling a little yeast on the feed, adding warm water to make it oatmeal. I think a pinch of sugar is needed. Try looking up her posts.
Does anyone have an picture of their bantie chicken along side of a LF? Interested in seeing the size difference once everyone is grown up.
I can only offer a Leghorn pullet next to a bantam Cochin. They are only 3 days in the picture.

Quote: Yes, that is true.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom