Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. MButerbaugh

MButerbaugh Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2012
    Morning! Not sure it's very good though... Up all night sick. Called off today. Gonna get kiddos on the bus then back to bed for me!

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    oh no! I hope you get well fast! I had 3 parents call off this morning, so it will be a quiet day here.

3. SilkieSensation

SilkieSensation Overrun With Chickens

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    I was up until 4:30am packing eggs, alarm off at 6:30am to get kids up (JJ did that & let me go back to sleep til 8am). Now I'm up because I have to go pick up the order of rainbow eggs that has to ship today because she doesn't trust herself to find the purple ones & JJ has no clue. [​IMG] Ahhhh well, guess I'm up now!!!

(Someone remind me NEVER to schedule 6 shipments of eggs & plants for the same day again!!!)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  4. eweaber

eweaber Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2012
    Lebanon PA
    My wife found a tick on my 2 year old son. She asked "aren't the chickens supposed to eat the bugs" I told her "they don't have a magic bug call to get them into the run so they can eat them" Not the smartest answer on my part. Here is the question, if I get 2 or 3 new chickens, and house them separate, would I be able to free range them or will they want to join my existing flock?

5. SilkieSensation

SilkieSensation Overrun With Chickens

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    Might be easier just to let the chickens free range for a couple hours each evening before dark. They will want to come back home to roost when the sun starts going down.

6. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Good Morning All!!!![​IMG]

7. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Good morning!!! Just got home from work and took care of the birds and am ready to do some catching up...
    Oh... so sorry! Hope it doesn't last. [​IMG]
    Hey, Silkie.... NEVER schedule 6 shipments of eggs and plants for the same day!!! [​IMG]

I know, I know..... [​IMG]

Nope, not the smartest answer.... but good one!! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I'd go with this one also... though in the interest of promoting the much maligned chicken math... a few more couldn't hurt!!! [​IMG]

8. eweaber

eweaber Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2012
    Lebanon PA
    I thought about that. I have too many hawks around and don't want to risk all my birds. Already lost a duck, 2 turkeys, and a chicken to a critter inside the run. Don't want to lose anymore outside the run.

9. pagumby

pagumby Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2013
    Hummelstown, PA
    [​IMG]

Catching up on the post lol

10. LittleMissPurdy

LittleMissPurdy Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Good Morning everyone....the sun is out, may actually get some yard stuff done today...hope you are all well!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by