Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Sounds good, send me a PM when you think you are close to ready. I will need 3 days to collect. I got a bunch of the Ameraucanas that have gone broody.

2. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

If any of you experienced hatchers have a minute, a girl over in Incubating & Hatching Eggs could really use some immediate advice. The thread is Hatching Help! She's at the end of the hatch with some big problems. Made me cry. Maybe I shouldn't try incubating, I might not have the stomach for it.

3. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I'm not sure if you're interested in Langshans, but Harvey Noel is around the Pittsburgh area. He may have some eggs he can part with?

4. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Yes, hatching is a roller coaster of emotions, high highs, and low lows. I'm hatching right now, almost lost a chick yesterday, I thought it was a cull -stuck to the bottom of the incubator and bleeding. But don't you know, that little bugger made it! If you've got the incubator already, might as well let your kids experience it. It's something they'll never forget, and you will get lots of great advice from these threads.

5. paul65

paul65 Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2008
    SW Pennsylvania
    Southwestern.

6. BigWilly

BigWilly Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2012
    south east. Montgomery county.

7. Rehoboth Farm

Rehoboth Farm Out Of The Brooder

May 29, 2012
    Western PA
    I'm Armstrong County--are you close by?

8. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

I had never even heard of a Langshan until I started reading your comments on this thread LOL!! I've since looked them up because of you. I can't do Pittsburgh though, it's a few hours from me. I did finally order eggs , pretty much for the cost of shipping. Now get ready to laugh, they are Serama eggs. AFTER I ordered them I read that they are extremely difficult to hatch. OH Well, they're on their way now, maybe I'll be a lucky one. I do have a green thumb maybe it'll apply to birds too?
    And let me say you are a sweetheart!!![​IMG] I saw that you helped the girl out with her hatch. Great advice, and thanks in advance for the advice I'll probably be asking ALL of you over the next few weeks.

9. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

Headed out to Green Dragon in a little while, anyone else going tonight???

10. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    No, unfortunately. We're celebrating our granddaughter's 6th birthday tonight.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by