Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

Welcome Sara! I am Chester County too, near Coatesville though. Good luck with your chicks!

2. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

I couldn't be sure, but I'm on Craigslist everyday and Silkies are on there everyday. Somebody's breeding them. The lady I use is on here, username Brody's Broodello. She breeds BEAUTIFUL SILKIES that are from Show and Breeding quality birds. I have 2 gorgeous splash from her. But, she is in Cecil County, MD.

3. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    I know there are several of us. I was just trying to see if anyone was close to me? April (Brody's) does have beautiful birds!!

4. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

LOL!! You're a breeder! Maybe if I had bothered reading your signature?! Here I am trying to sell April's birds to you. Too Funny!!

5. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    My name is April too... lol!

6. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

Vinniemac: I would get a copy of your borough code, we bought ours from our TWP building, read through (tedious, I know) and find out on your own if chickens are permitted. If they are, you're good to go. If they're not... Well now I personally would not try to convince my borough to change their mind. I would get them (no Roos) and live my happy, contented, quiet chicken raising life. IF the borough found out (from my nosey neighbor who has nothing better to do than spy on me n my poor chickens -even though I give her hush money in the form of eggs). Then, I would try to convince my borough to change their mind.

This is a gamble, as you could invest money, time, and your heart into your chooks and then have to get rid of them, but I, personally would rather have them for a short while than not at all.

7. Blarneyeggs

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Hiya Sara! Chesco for me too! In fact I'm sitting in Kennett Square right now. Post pics of your chicks when you get them.

8. sarasweatman

sarasweatman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2012
    I am on Star Gazers Rd. close to Coatesville too! We are Coatesville mailing, but Unionville schools!

9. Blarneyeggs

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Sara, I'm right off of Laurel, I could walk to your house, I believe our kids have the same bus, bus 6? Too funny.

10. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

That is really wild how close you and blarney are! I am on the north side of Coatesville in Wagontown, so I am a little bit farther from you. Please post chick pics when you get them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by