Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Well, I should probably explain the story now

At 11ish last night, I finished doing everything that needed to be done I went out to tuck the birds away. I had just checked on them 3 hours earlier, just before the light had disappeared to make sure everyone was fine, which they were. When I went out the second time, I found my poor Heidi dead, decapitated, and pulled partially through the wire.
RIP, my little sweetheart
hit.gif

I was horrified and distraught. I packed everyone up tight and set up traps in case the animal who did this came back. I assumed it was a raccoon, judging by the way it was pulled to the wire and decapitated. Oh, how wrong I was. This morning, I went out at the crack of dawn to check the trap and there he was, hissing and snapping his beak at me. I've never seen a bird get nabbed in a ground trap like this, I was shocked! Not sure if his leg is broken, but he's going to a Wildlife Rehab center later this afternoon, and hopefully I won't see him again.

wow isnt that something i would have never thought that it would go in a trap sorry about your bird. hopefully nobody else harms your chickens.

Well, I should probably explain the story now At 11ish last night, I finished doing everything that needed to be done I went out to tuck the birds away. I had just checked on them 3 hours earlier, just before the light had disappeared to make sure everyone was fine, which they were. When I went out the second time, I found my poor Heidi dead, decapitated, and pulled partially through the wire. RIP, my little sweetheart
hit.gif
I was horrified and distraught. I packed everyone up tight and set up traps in case the animal who did this came back. I assumed it was a raccoon, judging by the way it was pulled to the wire and decapitated. Oh, how wrong I was. This morning, I went out at the crack of dawn to check the trap and there he was, hissing and snapping his beak at me. I've never seen a bird get nabbed in a ground trap like this, I was shocked! Not sure if his leg is broken, but he's going to a Wildlife Rehab center later this afternoon, and hopefully I won't see him again.
OMG! So glad you caught him before you had any other losses!!! That must've been quite the sight this morning!
hopefully gonna try to make it to the dragon sat.....in search of a few pheasant chicks to raise for a buddy,,,maybe a rabbit and goat and sheep and calf...joking really,,, I think....hubby says go ahead I will just load them back up and take them to a different auction.
LOL I could see your hubby just making you more pens...and shaking his head.

Quote: All BCM
MCC, are all of the marans eggs you hatched from black coppers, or are some cuckoos? Cuckoos can have the yellow undersides. Maybe blues too, brain fart, can't remember. Splash chicks are whitish yellow.
All BCM
Quote: Nope. No red yet. Maybe the last one will be.
Quote: Good plan! Do you get as dizzy as me trying to keep track of which coop is next, and if everyone is fed, watered and clean?

My Black East Indies that are Holderread stock. I love them! They have SUCH an attitude lol!

And the babies! They needed the bath LOL
So CUTE
love.gif

Well, I should probably explain the story now

At 11ish last night, I finished doing everything that needed to be done I went out to tuck the birds away. I had just checked on them 3 hours earlier, just before the light had disappeared to make sure everyone was fine, which they were. When I went out the second time, I found my poor Heidi dead, decapitated, and pulled partially through the wire.
RIP, my little sweetheart
hit.gif

So sorry about your girl
hugs.gif
Atleast you caught the bugger. And now you can disregard my earlier question/quote lol
Oh my gosh, I just can't believe I caught an Owl in a leg trap! He looks pretty young, so I guess he got fed up with hunting and resorted to the easy pickings. His mistake! Hopefully the little guy has learned his lesson. The rehab center will take good care of him, and I'll forgive him as long as he doesn't come back.
Thanks guys, Heidi will be missed
sad.png
I guess she's in a better place now
Hopefully he doesn't.

All BCM
All BCM
Nope. No red yet. Maybe the last one will be.
Good plan! Do you get as dizzy as me trying to keep track of which coop is next, and if everyone is fed, watered and clean?

Yes, yes I do. Took me till 11:30 this morn. Although there is more work right now as my Pyr needs special attention as she was spayed on Monday. And 'Houdini' is in goat jail- making yet ANOTHER place for me to feed and water.

And...... HERE they are!! I have been lusting over and bidding on these guys for over a year now, Partridge Orpingtons.

Back
Top Bottom