Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh Blarney, Why did you have to say that??? My incubator is open and would LOVE to have some of your MF Bantam Cochin eggs. I'm gonna PM you.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  2. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Nope. The only thing I have right now is silkies, silkies and silkies! And one young trio of serama.

I am going to PM you.

3. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I have some D'Uccles if anyone is interested? A few pairs but the cockerels are YOUNG!

Golden-necked and Mille Fleur available! I also have hatching eggs from them as well.

PeakyBeak, are you Nittany Wyandottes from Craigslist?

4. RhodeIslandRedFan

RhodeIslandRedFan Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2009
    Central PA
    I took my hen to Dr Moussa about a year and a half ago for bumblefoot, She seemed very nice and prescribed an antibiotic and anti-imflammatory. After 3-4 days on these meds, I noticed my hen had lost weight, and became so weak she would hardly stand up. I tried calling Dr Moussa for help, and had to leave messages on her voice mail. She never returned my calls. I finally spoke with a person on my fourth call. Dr Moussa did not come to the phone, but had this other person tell me she could not help me further and that I should take my hen somewhere else. Luckily I found an avian vet at the VCA Smoketown Animal Hospital, and all turned out well. Maybe others have luck with Dr Moussa, but I do not recommend her after what we experienced.

5. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Everyone is entitled to there opinion. There is so few vets that will see chickens in the area, I hope this will not hinder others from using Dr. Moussa. The reason you probably could not get in touch with her is she is usually in surgery. I don't know the length of time it took between the 1st and 4th call. If you listen to her message there is a cell phone number for emergencies. She was being honest about not being able to fully help you. She does not have access to a lab for diagnostics. So if your hen required that, it could be why she said that. She will have her vet-tec be the go between if she is doing surgeries or sterile procedures and cannot touch the phone. The antibiotics and anti-inflammatory might have been in her opinion the correct remedy. Being a vet is not an exact science. I could take a chicken to the place you recommend, the chicken could not get better, I then take her to Dr. Moussa and she could fix her. It is subjective. Vets are not able to ask there patients about pain, symptoms, etc.....................

6. RhodeIslandRedFan

RhodeIslandRedFan Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2009
    Central PA
    Each to his own. Best of luck to you and your chickens.

7. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    My polish are hatching!!! We were without power last week for 15 hours and I thought for sure I had lost all of my eggs. Went to lock them down tonight (day 18) and one is pipped already!! I have 19 eggs in there, mostly polish, one silkie (home grown) one maran and one EE. Hoping she is out by morning!

[​IMG]

8. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Oh Yay!! Thank you for posting that pic, Mama. What a spirit lifter.

I've got chicks hatching under a broody (two days early!). I worked all day on a new brooder for her, heard. no peeps tonight when I checked, hope everything is going ok.

9. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Well, my little piper never made it out of the shell. I am so bummed. I kinda freaked out when I saw the pip (wasn't expecting it) and I think I amy have raised the humidity too high too fast. I so hope the others hatch!

10. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats and best wishes to both of you, Mama & Blarney, [​IMG]. The wait is on!!! Post pics when they are all out.[​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by