Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    awww, mama2, I'm sorry! This is one of the reasons I'm hesitant to get an incubator.

2. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    are you sure its "gone" sometimes they don't move or peep but are still there just waiting for the yolk to withdraw inside, bad thing about that, the shell and membrane tends to dry out and stick to the chick and you have to help them out.

3. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

x2!!!! Just did this two weeks ago for the first time. Almost everyone that pipped did nothing else for almost 24 hrs. I was a nervous wreck, then all of a sudden 1 came out, then 2, they came out so quick I missed a couple just running to the grocery store. Ironically, the first egg I saw moving was the last to hatch, almost 2 full days late. Don't give up hope. As for the humidity, I did that all wrong too. Mine skyrocketed to 85 & 90% during the whole hatch. I kept opening the windows to dry it out, the hatched chicks were drenched, it was ridiculous. They all hatched and are great (1 never hatched, but didn't develop right, so hatch conditions weren't a factor).
    NOTE: I am in no way saying to hatch as I hatched, just making the point that even in the worst of conditions success is possible. LOL!![​IMG]

4. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Yes. It was dead. I cracked the rest of the egg of this morning and it was stiff. :(

5. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    I still have 18 eggs in (polish mostly) and today is only day 19, so I am still hopeful that I may get a few!

6. wlrabbitry

wlrabbitry Chillin' With My Peeps

We have 10 quail eggs and 4 Ameracauna (black) eggs to hatch.Today is day 20 so getting anxious...hehe....first time with quail.

7. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    hope you have a great hatch!!

8. wlrabbitry

wlrabbitry Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank you. I will keep you all posted. Hope to have pictures also.

9. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    sorry[​IMG]

10. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    anxiously awaiting news from beaglady on the results of the hatch she has with some of my sebrights!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by