Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I still have 18 eggs in (polish mostly) and today is only day 19, so I am still hopeful that I may get a few!

They should start popping out tomorrow. My Polish usually hatch on day 20.
The one that you lost pipped too early and that is probably why it didn't make it.
I'm sending good hatching vibes your way
yippiechickie.gif

ETA I have eggs in the hatcher now also. It's only day 19 but I still have to do the hourly ritual of peeking in the bator to look for peeps. It's a long 2-3 days.

Last edited:
HI PA people- I am popping in from the NC thread hoping for some info. Hope you don't mind me mixing states
smile.png

I am hoping for some info, leads, people and good online places to visit for info about NW Pa. My DH has a job opportunity up there in the Crawford Co area and I don't know much about all you northerners except for the twice yearly visits I make to OH to visit the in-laws. My reaction to these vacations is always "beautiful land but COLD!". If anyone lives around there and doesn't mind chatting with me I would appreciate it. I have young kids so if anyone knows good sites for homesteading/ organic/ homeschooling families in that area or information about the schools I am always open to new things. I just found out some info about your cyber charter schools which I am really excited about!
I am new to BYC but love the NC people so I am hoping you all will be friendly and helpful too
love.gif

If we move up that way we will be purchasing a house with at least some land for chickens, goats, possibly horses and cows, small homestead. I am just trying to convince myself that snow will not kill me, my hubby thinks I'm nuts but I enjoy the hot weather here!
Anyway if anyone has ideas or links or wouldn't mind chatting with me about PA I would appreciate it and feel free to msg me. THANK YOU!

They should start popping out tomorrow. My Polish usually hatch on day 20.
The one that you lost pipped too early and that is probably why it didn't make it.
I'm sending good hatching vibes your way
yippiechickie.gif

ETA I have eggs in the hatcher now also. It's only day 19 but I still have to do the hourly ritual of peeking in the bator to look for peeps. It's a long 2-3 days.
Thanks for the thoughts. I am checking every hour myself!! Hope you have a great hatch!!

CandleGal, as a recnt NC transplant myself, I will send you a PM!

Missy, your Seabrights are gorgeous! and the smile on that little one's face.... priceless. You can see how proud she is!

Got the brooder pen/run done today, moved my broody that is hatching out in it tonight! A precarious time to move her as the eggs are actively hatching, but we did indeed find a dead chick today, and so I'm happy we got her and the babies out of there before we lost another one.

Now I just need to whip 2 more of these things out in the next few days.... oh, my aching old lady back!

HI PA people- I am popping in from the NC thread hoping for some info. Hope you don't mind me mixing states
smile.png

I am hoping for some info, leads, people and good online places to visit for info about NW Pa. My DH has a job opportunity up there in the Crawford Co area and I don't know much about all you northerners except for the twice yearly visits I make to OH to visit the in-laws. My reaction to these vacations is always "beautiful land but COLD!". If anyone lives around there and doesn't mind chatting with me I would appreciate it. I have young kids so if anyone knows good sites for homesteading/ organic/ homeschooling families in that area or information about the schools I am always open to new things. I just found out some info about your cyber charter schools which I am really excited about!
I am new to BYC but love the NC people so I am hoping you all will be friendly and helpful too
love.gif

If we move up that way we will be purchasing a house with at least some land for chickens, goats, possibly horses and cows, small homestead. I am just trying to convince myself that snow will not kill me, my hubby thinks I'm nuts but I enjoy the hot weather here!
Anyway if anyone has ideas or links or wouldn't mind chatting with me about PA I would appreciate it and feel free to msg me. THANK YOU!

I really don't know anything about Crawford County. I do know there is a whole lot of snow in that area. Its called lake effect snow. I have family that lives in Warren County. Just Northeast of Crawford County. It is beautiful in Warren. It is a good nature vacation. Look up the Kinzua Dam and Bridge. They are awesome!!!!

Cyber school is great. My cousin does that for her children. Someone comes out once a week to her home in case the kiddos are in need of help, or parents need to know how to help the kids. I can't really say much about the people around that area??? Sorry

Good Luck!!! Remember whatever you choose to do, have fun!

Well, fellow PAers, I set eight silkies eggs this morning... my first hatch ever and ALL with detached aircells... thanks USPS!! The packaging was amazing too... i don't know can chickens lay eggs with detached air cells?? hhmmm Anyway, wish me luck!!!

Back
Top Bottom