Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

some of you say cat food for a treat,,,might seem silly but most cat food is either chicken or fish....wouldn't fish change the egg taste, and cicken flavored just has other issues.
Mine steal the catfood when they free range. Haven't noticed any differences in eggs except being a bit darker yellow in the yolks.

Quote: will have to pick up a bag of cat food, or just grab some from the in laws,,,i miss having scratch to throw out sometimes....all my grain now goes into their fermented feed
Dog food added to your ferment mix works well too. It just dissolves & gets stirred through.

Quote: The pour on works for worms as well. That's how they give it to cattle & works for everything.

Ok my girl cream cycle was limping and dropping her wings, I think she I hurt herself coming and going from the new run, today I search her again and notice a sore on here and!! Omg flees!! I checked the rest of my flock and none of them have flees, so I think she got them from the dog!! Anyone want a dog?

And how do I treat flees on a chicken? Can I bath her? Or put some DE on her?

Scratch the pic can't upload from my phone :(

Ok my girl cream cycle was limping and dropping her wings, I think she I hurt herself coming and going from the new run, today I search her again and notice a sore on here and!! Omg flees!! I checked the rest of my flock and none of them have flees, so I think she got them from the dog!! Anyone want a dog?

And how do I treat flees on a chicken? Can I bath her? Or put some DE on her?

Scratch the pic can't upload from my phone
sad.png
Ivermectin takes care of fleas.

Mine steal the catfood when they free range. Haven't noticed any differences in eggs except being a bit darker yellow in the yolks.

Dog food added to your ferment mix works well too. It just dissolves & gets stirred through.

The pour on works for worms as well. That's how they give it to cattle & works for everything. 

Do you know if there is ant withdrawal period for eggs and you are talking the cattle pour on right?

Quote: Yep, the ivermectin cattle pour on. I jut toss all of my eggs in the bator for 2-3 days after so I don't have to throw them out. I think I posted dosages a few pages back. I'll see if I can find it again.

Found it:
I use .5 ml on adult LF birds, .25ml on adult bantams & LF juveniles, .1 ml on bigger LF chicks & juvenile bantams & just a drop on little chicks.

Last edited:
Now ivomecin given externally only does mites and such right?? If that is the case there is no hold off on eggs?? Want to worm my birds but not sure how I want to do it yet. Have wazine but don't know if I should go that route! Any input from anyone is apperciated!
How are they looking starting to get bellies and bag up yet??

Yay! Yes. Bags n bellies! Both took.

Yep, the ivermectin cattle pour on. I jut toss all of my eggs in the bator for 2-3 days after so I don't have to throw them out. I think I posted dosages a few pages back. I'll see if I can find it again. Found it: I use .5 ml on adult LF birds, .25ml on adult bantams & LF juveniles, .1 ml on bigger LF chicks & juvenile bantams & just a drop on little chicks.
Thanks so much, wrote that down for reference now to go out and get some!!! Only getting 3 eggs a day right now out of my 17 adult chickens OK well 3 are roosters, one is a new mommy and 2 are broody now what's wrong with the other 11???

Peek a Boo! Yeah over 2000 posts to catch up on. Not gonna happen. Shifting a bit of focus. Loving my new additions. A new starter flock of chukars, missing the chicken gals that went to a new larger home at a friends, traded chickens for a pig (his name is porkchop), my quail flock is growing, looking to hatch some quail and pheasants oh and some of the chukar eggs. The marans are all doing well. The hens are laying and they are the most beautiful color, my babies are growing up and looking fantastic from the NYD hatch. Hmmm...what else is there.....switched from OJ to lemonade for the holiday LOL.

Back
Top Bottom