Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Hey everyone! I haven't been on here in forever so I'm not going to read through all the 1000+ posts... so how is everyone?
We have been so super busy.... but the main things are that a fox got into my chickens -_- and I GRADUATED!!! :D

Hey there! Fox are the WORST. Kudos on graduating!

Wow! Any day now?!?! Very exciting!

Yup! An I'm so relieved that they all look healthy and at appropriate weight.

My Peeps! Congrats on the hatch, awesome that the kiddos got to see before school!.

I have the nastiest little batch of chicks. It doesn't matter what I reach down for at their level, one of them will come over out of no where and latch onto my hand or arm. They have even tried biting my leg!! It makes it easy to decide who is going to be dinner first.

Haven't posted in a while, things have been sooo... busy, but I had to say After MUCH begging, BYC got tank tops for the ladies. Mine shipped out yesterday!!
wee.gif
Wanted to let everyone know because you know how quickly the sizes can run out. So Excited!! END OF DORK RANT!

My first chick hatched this morning! I'm so happy the kids got to see it before they went to school. It was one of my eBay eggs. A serama Cochin mix. I think I want to hatch another batch of eggs in the next week or so. Anyone around the Pittsburgh area have fertile frizzles, polish, black copper marans or Easter Egger eggs they are willing to sell?
I have bantam & LF EE both. My FBCM haven't started laying yet & will be covered by an EE roo to make OE when they do. I have a pair of "showgirls in progress" that are an F1 silkie/bantam turken cross that are laying. They still have some imperfections to breed out but are cute as they are if you want a few eggs from them. I'm about an hour & 15 minutes south west of Pittsburgh, just below Wheeling, on the Ohio side of the river.

Quote: That's me
frow.gif

I have the nastiest little batch of chicks. It doesn't matter what I reach down for at their level, one of them will come over out of no where and latch onto my hand or arm. They have even tried biting my leg!! It makes it easy to decide who is going to be dinner first.
Try feeding more. Mine only do they when they aren't getting enough food or there is too much competition for food.

it is SO nice out today! Loving this weather!! My little bottle baby brat is STILL squeezing from the fence. I put him in twice before i left for work. I went to the garage got in my car, backed out, and he was standing on my porch eatting my flower!!! GRRRRR!!!!! He is SO lucky he is cute! Lamb BBQ any one? My daughter would be happy if our other ram lamb was on the grill as well. he likes to rub his head on you for a scratch and just ends up pushing her over. His horns are coming in. THe vet is coming this week to "fix" or De-Nut them as my hubby says, lol. On other news my eggs are still looking good! :) I have them in a spare bedroom, other wise i would check them a kajillion times a day. LOL

Welcome to all the new people, and welcome back to those who have been off a while.
Congrats also to new chicks and graduations!

:celebrate Good news!! I have found a gosling that I can get for free.... whop, whop! So my goose will ha e a friend real soon.. Anyone want a duckling or two? I have some that are two weeks + - old... Let me know if you are interested.. Oh, does anyone by chance have SS (Speckled sussex) chicks or eggs that they might want to sell?
Barbiegirl, glad to hear no Lyme disease! :)

Cute chicks too... hehe :jumpy

celebrate.gif
Good news!! I have found a gosling that I can get for free.... whop, whop! So my goose will ha e a friend real soon.. Anyone want a duckling or two? I have some that are two weeks + - old... Let me know if you are interested.. Oh, does anyone by chance have SS (Speckled sussex) chicks or eggs that they might want to sell?
Barbiegirl, glad to hear no Lyme disease!
smile.png

Cute chicks too... hehe
jumpy.gif
I think I still have a speckled sussex roo left, but no pullets.

Back
Top Bottom