Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I have the nastiest little batch of chicks. It doesn't matter what I reach down for at their level, one of them will come over out of no where and latch onto my hand or arm. They have even tried biting my leg!! It makes it easy to decide who is going to be dinner first.

Be careful making that decision. They usually grow out of it. They do it because they are scared. Are they just being floor aggressive? Do they act nasty when you are holding them? If that is the case it should go away.

:celebrate Good news!! I have found a gosling that I can get for free.... whop, whop! So my goose will ha e a friend real soon.. Anyone want a duckling or two? I have some that are two weeks + - old... Let me know if you are interested.. Oh, does anyone by chance have SS (Speckled sussex) chicks or eggs that they might want to sell?
Barbiegirl, glad to hear no Lyme disease! :)

Cute chicks too... hehe :jumpy
H&h poultry on York haven pa have some. Was just up there this weekend. And I think they are buy 1 get 1 free!

Just got two barred rocks this weekend, both two years old (I wanted to get some big birds while my pullets are growing) and they were SO big!! One is giant and I can barely lift her, and all of my chicks are so scared of her lol, but she seems harmless/ confused as to why they run from her.
So, I am up to nine chickens. Should be down to seven since I am pretty sure I have 2 roos, at least. But I want a silkie so bad! I thought they looked dumb but the guy who sold me the rocks had one and it was the cutest thing. :( I already have too many birds.

Welcome back!
frow.gif

Sorry to hear about the fox,
somad.gif

but congrats on the graduation!!!
thumbsup.gif
woot.gif

Thank you :)
Yeah, I was MAD.
Thanks!
celebrate.gif

Sorry about the two posts, I can't figure out how to quote two different posts when they are on separate pages... ?

Paranoid or normal? My little roo looks like his comb is not as red as it was (more pink today). He's seems fine. Eating and drinking doing all the normal chicken stuff. I checked for mites but didn't see any. Is this common or should I be concerned?

Ok compost friends! This is my composter

This is the water that drains out when I wet it down. Can I safely use this on my garden without killing anything?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)

Back
Top Bottom