Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    I ended up with a hatch of 8. Four silkies, four serama. Not a great hatch, but certainly better than the last one!

[​IMG]

2. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
  3. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    Jennieschicks,
    I can't believe I am asking this (I have to do something with 4 or 5 roos as it is!) but where are you in SE PA?
    I currently have 6 roosters, and 6 girls together. I am keeping one roo because he is a friend to my cross beak. I am keeping one for breeding, and the other 4 MUST go. I had 5/6 roos out of my first batch of chicks! Anyway, I would keep your roo for breeding too. I have 15 newborn pullets in the brooder. he would make nice babies with the Barred Rocks!
    Anyway, I am really bad at not using chicken math. Maybe I can take (buy) him.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  4. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Love Love Love Them!! You've given me hope seeing that you did Serama's in a Styro. Bator. I've been afraid to try it.

5. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Beaglady, Thank you for looking!! Yes, I want poultry cages, but don't know what size they are offering in that CL (or even what size I need!) also, that's 2 hrs from me, how would I get them?

ETA: Do You deliver too?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  6. MotorcycleChick

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    My husband was driving around the Pittsburgh area a few hours ago, and said, "Honey, I just saw one of your friends," So if you live in/near Pittsburgh, and have a "I love my chicken" sticker in the rear window of your grey SUV, you have been spotted! LOL.

7. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    motorcycle chick, That's great! I have the 'my pet makes me breakfast' bumper sticker.

8. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    I checked those crates out. They had a couple small ones - smaller than they use for the bantams at the farm show. Then they had a homemade looking wooden one for $40, and an antique wood poultry crate for $60. Nothing like you'd use for large fowl. (Sizing comments based on my sole knowledge of poultry crates being that I look at chickens every year at the Farm Show.)

9. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    These were eggs I picked up. I was worried too and I did not have a great hatch, but I will take it!

10. MotorcycleChick

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    Meyer hatchery has a "crazy bird lady on board" sticker that I want to put on the motorcycle. My problem is with "bird lady" I wish it said chicken. My other choice is the one that says, "chickens are like potato chips... You can't have just one"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by