Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Why I love chicken people......

Last night in the middle of the storm, my phone rings. It is rodriguezpoultry. Just calling to make sure we still had power and that we are ok. She knows I have an incubator full and that we had lost so many eggs in the last bad storm. Isn't that the sweetest??

I LOVE chicken people!!!

Lol! It's no problem mama2my4! Seriously! I understand how devastating it can be and you have little kids that love them too! Lost power for a short while here it looks. No deaths other than the nice eating most of their pups.....idiots.

So, it looks like chicks and ducklings are not the only babies we're going to have around here. My soon to be step-daughter (mother of the 5 in my signature) is pregnant again......................................................I'm not sure if I should hope for another boy..or a second girl.....

oh my goodness! Missy!! You are going to be busy, I hope things are back on track with your engagement photograph.

Rodriguez.... What is eating it's pups? Not like ummm puppies? I keep re-reading post, hoping it will get less gruesome.

Never did get to the dragon tonight:( Maybe next week....

oh my goodness! Missy!! You are going to be busy, I hope things are back on track with your engagement photograph.
Rodriguez.... What is eating it's pups? Not like ummm puppies? I keep re-reading post, hoping it will get less gruesome.
Never did get to the dragon tonight:( Maybe next week....

Not to speak for her, but I'm pretty sure she meant mice. Yep they eat their babies all of the time. Hamsters too, really is disgusting!

So, it looks like chicks and ducklings are not the only babies we're going to have around here. My soon to be step-daughter (mother of the 5 in my signature) is pregnant again......................................................I'm not sure if I should hope for another boy..or a second girl.....

Missy....WOW!!
yuckyuck.gif
Good luck. I only have 4 and go berzerk daily, I can not fathom 6. Congrats!

Missy....WOW!!:yuckyuck   Good luck. I only have 4 and go berzerk daily, I can not fathom 6. Congrats!

LOL....thanks...group parenting...it helps! LOL

Last night we came home from dessert out with friends (great way to get out...and not spend a ton of money!), I went to lock up the coop. Found that one of the grandkids had kindly done that...although they didn't know they need to put the food back in! LOL I take the food out each morning, or the welfare chickens will spend the day in there gorging instead of out foraging like they are supposed to!

Also, Duck was not in her usual spot on top of the clothesline..so I used my flashlight to scan the yard, look under the bush where she often hides etc. Don't ask me what possesed me to scan the roof of the garage/coop. There's Duck, on the roofline, fast asleep! Guess I won't be getting her down from there!

Quote: Are you still looking for a new home? I would have come last week. I assumed with so many interested they would be gone. I am having a problem with my chicken math right now, but if you still have them, I can always find room for more.
big_smile.png
Besides, by the time they are done with quarantine, the extra roosters will be gone.... Somehow. Did you say you are okay with processing chickens?

Back
Top Bottom