Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

HORRIBLE storms here in State College. Tie it all down if you can!!!!

And I have babies pipping in this!! Grabbed them out from the hens and threw them in the bator.

Well, if we had lost power, I would have out them back. But this is a first time mama and I was worried about her hurting the babies with being afraid in the storm.

Hubby just finished the more secure broody pen. Blarney, wasn't this your idea??

mama, now that it's dark, I think it's safe to put those eggs back under her. She will sit snug on them through this.

Storms like this always make my birds go broody. Oh yay. More broodies...I have no eggs for them!

Overpopulation problem here,,, time to start thinning out. Taking a few birds to GREEN DRAGON tommorow evening if all goes right...

One year old French Black Copper Marans Rooster (clean legged, but beautiful rooster)
One 4mo. French Black Copper Marans Rooster ( nicely feathered shanks,,, but, has very little copper,, really nice bird, just lacks some color, good Wade bloodlines)
4 French Black Copper Marans started youngsters
at least 2 nicely marked mostly white Call Duck Crosses
Black Sumatra youngsters, not the best of feet, bought them that way

perhaps a few others depending on my timeframe.

all healthy, well fed fowl.

give them a look over if you get to the sale !

And if anyone is interested in some really nice Standard Cochins young (BLACK ),,, I have alot here at the house if you would like to come take a look sometime !

Also available are additional mixed Call Ducks, Black Magpie, and Blue Magpie,,,
wish I had pics to post,,, these are some really nice colored ducks,,, just not the right size I'm looking for.

May also be willing to part with some nice French Black Copper Marans youngsters, parents on premises, feathers on shanks, anything from 2 weeks to 3 months old.

We didn't get the storms as bad as y'all...though they did interrupt my engagement photos...anyway...came home and went out with the grandkids to feed the "garbage" to the chickens. Duck decided to show us her flight plan by circling the garage/chicken yard several times...then disappearing! When I went out to put everyone to bed...she was missing..but when I came out of the coop...there she was stationed on top of the clothesline pole!

Well, if we had lost power, I would have out them back. But this is a first time mama and I was worried about her hurting the babies with being afraid in the storm. 

Hubby just finished the more secure broody pen. Blarney, wasn't this your idea??

Very nice Momma2my, It looks very much like the ones we've been building, although the idea was not mine, I copied from someone here on BYC.

Missy, glad your duck flew back.

We were in Delco most of the evening, didn't get home till after dark, I'm wondering if any trees came down here.

Lost a pullet this morning. I didn't think she looked right yesterday, checked on her this morning and she had died in the coop, looked as if she fell off the roost. I took her to New Bolton center for Necropsy (haven't gotten bill yet, but supposed to be $35). I wanted to make sure it wasn't anything contagious. The dr called me with the results already, she had a huge tumor. So no worries with spreading illness, but she was one of my son's Black Copper Marans and had Just reached Point Of Lay. :(

Back
Top Bottom